03bansheeLE

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
for dragging i think?

346513[/snapback]

Well, yes and no. I made up a couple sets of drag struts from and rear and was burnin up and down the road trying them out. Its amazing how much weight transfer helps out traction. I got NO traction at all with the struts on. Spun in like 4th and 5th gear. Left some nice black marks in the street though.

• 4 weeks later...
I bought some used maier plastic off ebay, sanded, bondo'd the cracked part, primered and painted them, so I could keep my full fenders for winter time. Think I paid 10 bucks and shipping for them.

Shee7.jpg

338869[/snapback]

your bike looks awsome :headbang: , thats almost exactly how i wanna make mine but id like to see how the fenders look shaved like buddha440ex with them kind of pointing forward. Id like to get that same bumber and some rocket pipes. Also, do you have any other pictures or a bigger version of that one that you can e-mail me.

My e-mail is thequadman69@hotmail.com

thanks a lot, Darren

thanks everyone for posting their bikes :clap: , they all look sweet and i would post a pic of mine but i dont think you guys would care cause it almost is and looks stock, aswell as i dont know how to post it. :confused:

Well, yes and no. I made up a couple sets of drag struts from and rear and was burnin up and down the road trying them out. Its amazing how much weight transfer helps out traction. I got NO traction at all with the struts on. Spun in like 4th and 5th gear. Left some nice black marks in the street though.

351572[/snapback]

Weight transfer is a big help when it comes to flattrack racing. I have +3 a-arms and my afco shocks are long travel, when my bike is just sitting on the ground the bumper is around my knee but I can pick it up to my waist before the front wheels will come off the ground. That weight transfer is nice to have on a dry slick track. I also have a rear afco shock that I can set so stiff it wont let the bike transfer any weight or I can soften it were the the bike will transfer all the weight.

Weight transfer is a big help when it comes to flattrack racing. I have +3 a-arms and my afco shocks are long travel, when my bike is just sitting on the ground the bumper is around my knee but I can pick it up to my waist before the front wheels will come off the ground. That weight transfer is nice to have on a dry slick track. I also have a rear afco shock that I can set so stiff it wont let the bike transfer any weight or I can soften it were the the bike will transfer all the weight.

364327[/snapback]

00000013ge.jpg

This is with me sitting in a "neutral" position on the bike. Wound it up and let it fly with my fingers basically resting on the front brakes. Didn't know quite what to expect, so I was prepared. Drag struts all the way around with a stock swingarm and stock knobbies.

Its was fun but I got no where fast.

nice bikes guys, however it seems you guys think those toomy pipes work good or why would you buy them, it just bugs me to see you guys waste your hard earned loot on some junk, try rockets once and youll know what im sayin, and i dont make nor sell them no longer! my opinion :bolt:

364226[/snapback]

Maybe its because Rockets have no bottom end and not everyone runs their bike in the top of 6th gear everywhere they go...I have seen 100times as many toomeys as rockets so they must work out fairly well