cranks

DETROIT350

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea you can do either bro. and as for mr smart ass either way u cant tell a double base gasket motor from one with cut somes unless u really really really look at it and even then some people dont know the difference so either way its affective we just stick with what has been tested and proven to us so in my opinion all of your moronic comments were pointless but then again what do i know

normally a longer rod will generate more tourqe on a dyno and we just always bought the long rod cranks and had the motors ported for them cuz every lil bit u can squeeze out of these motors helps and the cool thing is you can run the 4mill long rod with no spacer plates with the use of blaster pistons  :D

317706[/snapback]

What part of south carolina are u from

Hahahahahahahahaha! You ain't gonna clear by using 2 base gaskets my friend. Figure the pistons come out of the top of the cyls by 2mm. Given the thickness of base gaskets you'd need to use like 4 or 5 to get adequate clearance. How ghetto would that be? That's like these morons that replace 1/2" long bolts with 1.5" ones and 10 washers. So hey man...you have fun piling on the gaskets. Me...I'll stick with some nice cut domes that don't look like some redneck roadside repair. Oh and last I checked...us ADULTS use punctuation.

Hahahahahahahahaha!  You ain't gonna clear by using 2 base gaskets my friend.  Figure the pistons come out of the top of the cyls by 2mm.  Given the thickness of base gaskets you'd need to use like 4 or 5 to get adequate clearance.  How ghetto would that be?  That's like these morons that replace 1/2" long bolts with 1.5" ones and 10 washers.  So hey man...you have fun piling on the gaskets.  Me...I'll stick with some nice cut domes that don't look like some redneck roadside repair.  Oh and last I checked...us ADULTS use punctuation.

319233[/snapback]

That is funny I like it. "redneck roadside repair" It has been along time since i have been on here,poor banshee hasnt seen much action out there in the garage for the last 2 or 3 years, but i am happy to say i am getting excited about it again and i knew exactly where to come for the right info. This is without a doubt the best damn banshee i sight i have seen. Of course you will always have your people that like to argue. Hell i like to argue too., but i help when i can and get help when i ask and that is what makes this site work. I noticed my posts started back at zero oh well I am a rookie again.

Oh i also wanted to thank everyone that has spoken highly about us and our bolt kits and flush mount valve stems, and if anyone wants custome stickers we now have a 2foot vinyle cutter. Just email Rob at gytwyptracing@hotmail.com and he will give you a hell of a deal.

thanks

Joe

As far as me using correct grammer what does it matter?? this is a message bored and i dont recall seeing anywhere stating that correct grammer was to be used here. now back to the 4-5 base gaskets being used how about u go buy a 4mill long rod crank and run l/r blaster pistons and tell me if they stick out so far that u have to use 4-5 base gaskets.. infact dont go and do all that just simply call rudy kurtz at port magic, or freddie at sandfords atv and ask them how they do it?? last i checked freddie and them were the fastest in nc and surrounding states and rudy is by far no slouch either so obviously both there and our ghetto way of setting these motors up works. wouldnt you think so ???? and im not really here to argue just here to help someone out and to prove to certain people that this can be done and has been done many many times and has YET to fail us

As far as me using correct grammer what does it matter?? this is a message bored and i dont recall seeing anywhere stating that correct grammer was to be used here. now back to the 4-5 base gaskets being used how about u go buy a 4mill long rod crank and run l/r blaster pistons and tell me if they stick out so far that u have to use 4-5 base gaskets.. infact dont go and do all that just simply call rudy kurtz at port magic, or freddie at sandfords atv and ask them how they do it?? last i checked freddie and them were the fastest in nc and surrounding states and rudy is by far no slouch either so obviously both there and our ghetto way of setting these motors up works. wouldnt you think so ????  and im not really here to argue just here to help someone out and to prove to certain people that this can be done and has been done many many times and has YET to fail us

319552[/snapback]

its cool man. i believe you about the base gaskets cuz i have heard of people doing that. i think what most people here are trying to say is that you put alot of money into these engines and most people would rather spend a little more money for custom domes to make it hard to tell what the setup really is. i know myself would rather use cut domes than using more than one base gasket. i would think that if you wanted a different squish you could do it simply by having domes cut to match what you need. hey while im at it, do you know much about the cheetah cub cylinders? i hear they are using a long rod 4mm crank without cut domes or a spacer plate? was i correct in reading this? those cylinders look to be putting out some pretty insane power for a 4mm. id like to get my hands on them myself :evil:

im trying to get me some info on the cubs as well man paliminaray dyno results showed the cubs with a long rod 4mm gettin about 113hp and the rear wheels which is a pretty good number since these cylinders have only been casted for a few months and not many builders have had time to mess with porting designs and so on but cool thing about the cubs is they look more like stock cylinder are a 65mm or 68mm bore and accept a stock,4mill,7mill stroke all with no plates and stuff because the cylinders are machined for the stroke similar to how the big chettas are done. im thinking about purchasing me a 65mm long rod 4mill set up and seeing what kinda numbers we can get out of it cuz so far our stock cylinder motors have went 6.30's 1/8 mile so if the cubs are able to produce more hp and tourqe and we can get the chassis's to put the power to the ground then we should be able to get some 6.10's-6.0's on motor which is pretty impressive in my opinion

how about u go buy a 4mill long rod crank and run l/r blaster pistons and tell me if they stick out so far that u have to use 4-5 base gaskets..

Already did. +4 longrod and it stuck up more than the width of a paper-thin base gasket. I got my head cut and works like a charm. I don't doubt that multiple base gaskets would work, I'm just saying that its a pretty ghetto means to an end. And no, there's no requirement to use proper grammar/punctuation, but if your going to call people children, then you'd better be able to express yourself like an adult.