Shees HOTT

quad4me

I live in Central FL at sea level. Running the dynoport 2 into 1 pipe, 2 into 1 K&N filter with the moded air box...no more snorkle. I seem to be overheating relatively easily. This would mean I need smaller jets...right? Also seems to Bog a little in low RPMs.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Oh...the previous owner set it up to run in Charlotte, NC at a bit higher elevation.

you got it backwards, you need bigger jets. If your bike is jetted for higher elevations, then you are most likely running it lean right now. Running lean will cause your bike to run hot.

Basically, put bigger jets in and do some plug chops. May also need a bigger pilot jet if the bog is still there.

thanks...anyone got a ballpark where I should be on my mains?  270 is what i THINK the previous owner has in it.  I will have to check it out for sure though.

313443[/snapback]

read your plugs first, if they look good your overheating problem my be your water pump impeller.

if the plugs are white or light tan try some 300 if your at a 270 now.

the stumble is probably your pilot jet is to small step that up 1 size.

read your plugs first, if they look good your overheating problem my be your water pump impeller.

if the plugs are white or light tan try some 300 if your at a 270 now.

the stumble is probably your pilot jet is to small step that up 1 size.

313562[/snapback]

here is pics of plug...both look same. Looks good?

Those plug pics look like normal riding or idling time on them. You have to run the shee in 6th gear for 5-10 seconds, shut it down, coast to a stop and then pull the plugs and take a pic. Gurannteed, they'll look totally different.

Those plug pics look like normal riding or idling time on them. You have to run the shee in 6th gear for 5-10 seconds, shut it down, coast to a stop and then pull the plugs and take a pic. Gurannteed, they'll look totally different.

315152[/snapback]

what if there isnt a way you can do a 6th gear wot run.like living in the city or not a long enough rode.is there another gear that it can be done in or is 6th the gear.

Jetting is checked at the base of the ring and not in the porceling color at the top.

270 does not sound too bad. Try main jets 280 - 300. Before doing a wide open throttle run put bigger mains. Trust me, you do not want to know how it feels to burn a piston a have to lend some $$$ for a new one.

If your shee fills heavy at lower rpms close the air srews all the way in to see if the problem is not as bad. If this works, try putting some 27.5 or 30 pilot jets. Stock pilot jets are 25. Leave the needle jet alone in the third clip position.

This should be a good start. :cheers:

Edited by richybanshee

what if there isnt a way you can do a 6th gear wot run.like living in the city or not a long enough rode.is there another gear that it can be done in or is 6th the gear.

315488[/snapback]

I'd throw it into a truck and find one..More load on the motor will require more fuel. You can do a 4th gear run and be perfect, but you will be lean in 6th gear...I know a friend that tried to jet on a stand w/ a snowmobile. Went to the drags and found out he was 7 sizes too small. It fell on its face halfway down the track... :rotflmao: Anyway, find a stretch and open her up..Look at the end of the strap. That is your heat range which is very important..