COOLING FAN

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a way of doing it......on the old, old, old forums there were about 3 or 4 threads on how to install it. I think those threads will have been deminished to history now though

Holyman or boonman might be able to help/ remember what fans were used and how how tey wired them???

sorry cant be of more help

stu

i am thinking of the fan as well. There are tons otrails here in FL...so its hard to haul ass all day long. here is what i am thinking:

get a small deep cycle battery that you can charge and kill all the time.

hook it to a switch and then to the small fan on your radiator. Any time that you are in a tight trail, or have to move slow....click that bad boy on until your moving quick again.

once that battery is getting dead, or after every run, Charge it back up in the shop!

So this way there would be no charging probs with stock stator....no need for $$$ aftermarket one.

what you guys think?

Edited by quad4me

I would think it wouldn't be a bad idea for trail riders who can't always open it up & get some air rushing through the radiator. I couldn't tell you how to wire it up to you stator...but if you're not too concerned about wait & don't have an airbox anymore, you could probably rig up a little lawnmower batter in there & have it on a switch powering 1 or 2 12v fans on the radiator. You'd have to fab some sort of mounts though. Probably wouldn't be too hard at all, just would take a bit of time fabbing everything. :cheers: