Front sprocket

jadaven

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thanks for the info. I also have the 14t that the machine came with. I'll try it and if I like it, I'll buy a 15 and 16 and see how they perform.

Hopefully I will have it running this evening so I can take it out. I have been without a perfromacne machine since right after laborday and I'm going nuts.

I had been running 16/40 for about 10 months no complaints. I recently dropped to a 15 on front but I wish I hadn't. I like the 15 but I have actually lost my ability to ride wheelies 1st gear is pretty much useless. Duece is right you shouldn't have to take the master link off to change the sprocket. Getting the sideplate installed on and oring or xring chain can be a pain without a press tool so just loosen your chain. If you really want to change it fast make two pieces out of your stator cover (or buy an aftermarket one) so that you don't have to take it all off.

Alright Duece, i'll take your word for it. I picked up the Renthal 15 tooth today from Alba and i'll try and knock it out tomarrow without taking the chain off. Thank god because that was looking like a bitch and a half having to remove the chain and all. Not that im incapable, just that im lazy.

"Push The Throttle".... tell me more about why youre knocking the 15 tooth setup. Help me understand why you cant ride wheelies anymore in first with a 15 tooth, i ride them in third up the face of the dune. What gives man?......just asking.

Alright Duece, i'll take your word for it. I picked up the Renthal 15 tooth today from Alba and i'll try and knock it out tomarrow without taking the chain off. Thank god because that was looking like a bitch and a half having to remove the chain and all. Not that im incapable, just that im lazy.

"Push The Throttle".... tell me more about why youre knocking the 15 tooth setup. Help me understand why you cant ride wheelies anymore in first with a 15 tooth, i ride them in third up the face of the dune. What gives man?......just asking.

280608[/snapback]

P.T.T.

With the stock gearing too.

I'm running a 13t up front and I'm going to switch to a 14 or 15 this winter, I just have no top end at all anymore. It's too low so I can't even use the power of the engine, I have to shift before I really get into the powerband. The only reason I put on the 13t was because my dad didn't think I need to be going that fast anyway (now that I think about it, I don't see why he had a say in it.. :shrugani: ).

What tooth would you recommend for a stock bore, maybe 21cc domes, 30mm carbs and V-force reeds? This will be for ice drags, running 20 inch tires. And this will be for a 1/5-1/4 mile radar run.

You should use 6th gear in the big bowls and on the straights. When you put it in 6th it should not bog. I cruze the dunes in 4th and 5th, start up olds in 2nd and end in 5th. Thats the way people gear for glamis which is where I am guessing you ride.

Edited by Leadfoot350