temp gauges

joshv5.0

You can buy a mechanical temp gauge and mounting cup for about 30 bucks(auto parts store).You can make a tee out of brass fittings.I used a solid block of aluminum,drilled and tapped the holes and installed the tees.

Its not even a liquid filled gauge,its a cheapo and still works after 3 years.Theres a guy on this site,RED ORE I believe that used to make the tees for you.His were really nice.

Its accuracy is plus or minus 7-10 degrees of a thermal infrared gun,but those this are +/- 4 degrees anyways.

Edited by Nightrider

• 3 weeks later...

i basically have the same setup, i went to the pep boys auto store and picked up a pod of 3 gauges (they didnt sell the temp gauge by itself for 1 1/8 size gauge so i had to buy a set of three with two other gauges) well i went to the hardware store and made my own tee fitting to slip inside of my coolant hose and everything just screwed together. after i had it all together, i drilled a hole in my fender directly behind the right headlight on the back part of the fender near the fender support and i just put the temp gauge right in the hole. it turned out freakin awesome and i have had so many compliments on it the whole project cost me abot 30 bucks and about 45 mins