Passion Racing?

Boare

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of Jim's 12port strokers and I am very pleased and have no trouble.I drag race and the port job is all around,but at the track I am running right with all the bigger name drag ported motors.I have tons of low end,and the motor has awesome power every were.SO I SAY JIM YOU ROCK!!

As for you guy's that are having problems,what kind of port job did you get from Jim?Maybe it's the wrong port work for the use of the engine.For an example... If you are Trail riding,Playing around or even Hill climbing a drag port may not be what you are looking for..Just let me say before someone say's I had so and so port my motor or I know a guy that had so and so port my motor with a drag port and I used it for what ever...Not every builder has the same deffinition for port work.Some would say my drag port can be used for Dune riding,Hill climbing,and of course drag racing.BUT others would say my Drag port is intended just for that drag racing.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest just giving some thought.

SO I SAY JIM YOU ROCK!!

I second that, I am more than happy with my motor, it has amazing power right through the rpm range.

Bottom, Mid, Top all good.

Once I get some more cash, my RZ cylinders will be heading to Passion, as far as I am concerned there are no other options.

Loco according to this post it

Pulls so fuckin hard

May be if you didn't let some one else f*ck with your jugs it still would

Edited by XTShee

Loco according to this post it
Pulls so fuckin hard

May be if you didn't let some one else f*ck with your jugs it still would

yea it pulls hard after it gets past the huge dead spot. i dont think you should say anything unless you know the whole story. i let someone play around with my cylinders after i decided to do something else. i tried to tune these cylinders for months. i pmed jim, BD and pro quad about it. so dont act like i didnt ask for any help. the only real answer i got was to maybe try different needles and whats what i did and still nothing. so i had a local guy do some playing on them. nothing wrong with that, it surely couldnt make them run any worse. im not trying to convince anyone that this engine sucks or rocks. im simply stating the facts i encountered while trying to tune it. you guys that have yours running right are gettin a little out of control. and to be quite honest with you i am glad yours are running right. i wish mine was. but its absolutely not because i cant jet or because someone "fucked" with my cylinders. thats all im saying. and im sure there are others who are in agreement with me, if they dont wanna post thats all and well, ill still stand alone on this matter. and for the record. if you are planning to drag race, these cylinders or at least mine would be great for you. they pull hard and long on top, just dont have much on bottom or in the middle.

loco maybe its a missouri thing cus rick was from mo too.....and/or maybe you are too good at jetting .. maybe jetting needs to be off a lil

yea i guess its a missouri thing. :lol: i went back and read thru those posts i had about it. it definetely wasnt ever running like i had wanted it to. there was a time i thought it was but then decided that the dead spot wasnt for me. i ride too many trails and shit and need the bottom and mid range. i think i tried to talk myself into getting over the dead spot but it didnt work. once on top it runs great, its just getting there that isnt so great.

i dont think you should say anything unless you know the whole story.

Mate, well then maybe you should tell us the whole story before you start slamming it.

In the post you also say when doing hills your WOT all the way up and no need for bottom and mid,

and you state to shredish that its dialed in perfect.

Whats changed since then?

not trying to bust your balls or anything, just a bit confused :wacko:

i dont think you should say anything unless you know the whole story.

Mate, well then maybe you should tell us the whole story before you start slamming it.

In the post you also say when doing hills your WOT all the way up and no need for bottom and mid,

and you state to shredish that its dialed in perfect.

Whats changed since then?

not trying to bust your balls or anything, just a bit confused :wacko:

well that last long post is the whole story. i do climb hills WOT, but i dont ride trails WOT. so the way the engine runs now doesnt exactly suit my riding style. i dont think it was ever "dialed in perfect" but that day it ran better than most. and if i remember right i ran it in the grass that day in which the dead spot is not nearly as noticeable. when i get it out on the road tho its another story. im not tryin to stir up any shit with you guys that got yours running right, im just tryin to tell my experience with this set up. im glad you guys have yours running right. im not sure whats up with mine. all i know is that im not the only one with this problem.

I know you may have tried this already but have you tried a different needle and pilot combo. I don't care what other people are running. Mines wayyyyy different than it seems it should be on my grr motor. I'm running a 40 pilot and Andy swears it should be at least 55. I think it's still rich on the pilot...lol. I had to switch needles too. It's just something that can make a world of difference. Ask shredish about changing the needle.

in all honesty i feel for locco if his bike was running right hed be plenty happy...... a dead spot in my power band would suck as well, any 2 cycle has top end, it cant not....... the bottom is what its all about and i feel for locco's lack of it, but jim does make a great motor and i feel i know him personally id invite him out for some BBQ and Brews and put some wrenches in his hand and GET MY FUCKIN BIKE RUNNIN, this could be any builders motor, jims got great service and is not going to tell you to f*ck off if you have a problem, he does want all of us with his motor to be happy, most of us that have a passion motor are happy with it, il bet jim wants to know what the problem is as much as any of us.............

in all honesty i feel for locco if his bike was running right hed be plenty happy...... a dead spot in my power band would suck as well, any 2 cycle has top end, it cant not....... the bottom is what its all about and i feel for locco's lack of it, but jim does make a great motor and i feel i know him personally id invite him out for some BBQ and Brews and put some wrenches in his hand and GET MY FUCKIN BIKE RUNNIN, this could be any builders motor, jims got great service and is not going to tell you to f*ck off if you have a problem, he does want all of us with his motor to be happy, most of us that have a passion motor are happy with it, il bet jim wants to know what the problem is as much as any of us.............

yea im in no way doubting the way your bike runs or anyone elses for that matter. just simply stating how mine does. its all good, im gettin stuff taken care of.

fixitrod, i tired every combo of needles and pilots i could. it really ran no different. im all out of ideas. :wacko:

Well I kinda had the same problem when I had mine ported. I got the jugs back and it ran like crap in the mid. It had a dead spot for about 1 second on full throttle then it took off like a rocket. I called Dan at Patriot and asked him about it. He sent me a couple of needles (for free!!!) and he even offered for me to just drop the bike off and he would tune it for free. I was able to sort it out with a different needle and clip positions. Props to Dan for even offering to fix it for free!!!!!!!!!!!! I guarantee trinity, alba, lrd, and several others wouldn't offer that!

my experience: i read on this site for months and talked to lots of people before i decided who was going to port my cylinders. i called and talked to jim. he was real easy to talk to. (and not one to ever blow you off) anyway i got the +4 12 port. i didn't have enough cash to get some bigger carbs right then so on went the stockers. you couldn't wipe the smile off my face or anyone who rode it for that matter. the bottom and mid is what really set this motor apart from the others. i've rode lots of ported banshees with peaky powerbands no power/all power shit happening. this motor pulls smooth and hard from the bottom to the top. the bottom is incredible for the power it makes up top. anyway, i bought some 35mm pwk's and i'm still fucking with them. i've tried lots of different jets. the only time this motor would bog like loco's is if i ran between a 45-48 pilot. i made one run with a 42 and pulled it right back in the shop.( it didn't seem to bog, i was on flat land though but it sounded like a vacuum) pay attention to tone while jetting. the only reason i was trying those lean pilots was because i have a slight rich condition just off idle like a 1/16th to 1/8th maybe into the throttle with these carbs. it's fine otherwise only sucks when i'm putzin'. i know for a fact my problems are only jetting issues not jim's port work. if i ever build another motor it will go straight to jim. his porting is top notch. if you want your motor to pull hard the whole way he's the man. feel the passion :headbang::headbang::headbang: