Wining The Race

xt45

Depends on what you are doing. For all around basic riding, you want to run each gear just until it stops pulling. So, put your bike in first or second, whichever you like to start in and slowly accelerate, as you go through the power band you will feel the bike "pulling" as you reach the limit of that gear it will make a lot of noise but it will not pull, shift. Go through the same process with each gear. Doing this will give you a basic feel for your bike and what each gear is capable of. Once you have this knowledge, you can make all sorts of variation on shifts.

For hill climbs and drag racing, the banshee spins up so quickly you can shift extremely fast with or without the clutch, depending on how well you know you bike but the same principal applies, you want to get the most pulling power without bogging her down. Hope this helps a little. I got to get to work.

Later

RJV.

Let Us Assume It Is A Stock Banshee

what is the best method of shifting so you get the best of each gear and then go to the next gear

when is the time to shift to the next higher gear

what is the best method to shift

I usually just reach down with my right hand (its a bit of a stretch!) and lift up on the shift lever.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.SHIFT LIKE THAT AND YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS.

Edited by NYUK

xt45...........you gettin all this?

well if i'm racing, especially draggin in the dunes....i pretty much have the throttle pinned the whole time. like what rj said, you will feel when it is time to shift. as far as the clutch goes, i dont always use it. if i do when im racing, its just a slight pull and i let it flip right back out (talking split seconds here)

the key is to learn how to ride, and learn your bike. all bikes will be tuned differently, and all will respond/feel/and sound different. once you know yours and have plenty of confidence and skills built up, shifting will become second nature and you wont even have to think about it.

good luck.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.SHIFT LIKE THAT AND YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS.

I think NYUK's clutch is slipping a lil. :P

I think NYUK's clutch is slipping a lil. :P

it was as a matter of fact, heres how i down shift,diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing da diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingggg da dinggggggggggggg, dadadadading da ding.waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, back to wide open again.