BHQ History

funny rebel.

and sredish is right, i starting riding atvs dirtbikes and snowmobiles at an extremely young age. always loved it, but havent ridden in years. lost riding buddies, and rides and time lol but the good news is, i just recently found out that i have my first niece or nephew on the way, so my dad and i are on the lookout for a small atv, a minibike and a kiddie snowmobile lol gotta start em young like my dad did! I'm the one in the pink..

btdrides.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! good memories!

i was here right after the 54 switch too - since i bought my forst banshee and posted my first pic of kira in college

fd0cbd25.jpg

i remmeber most of the people on those lists....

ha - Allpro - haha - that was a long time ago

i love this site - mainly due to the feedback on stuff, how stuff looks...etc

but i really love the real world advice: none of this "the xxx makes banshee do xxxx" from the manufacturers websites, but from tried and true americans - and others - that have actually installed the stuff themselves!

To clarify a bit.

I started the site right after I bought my Banshee, (purchased sometime in late 1997). Just around the first few months of 1998 I started up the site to

A ) save myself $40/hr at the local custom shop.

B ) to create a knowledge-base to share whatever I learn with the rest of the world

C ) meet new bansheeriders and learn about places to ride.

I started the network54 forums, then switched to some forums I had a hand in developing the source code for; merely as a test-bed for the new forums my co-workers and I created. It wasn't long, thanks to the HQ pioneer's that contributed so much to the HQ community, that the BansheeHQ needed bigger and better forums. The site quickly needed a database format and software that would sustain the amount of traffic and data on a day-to-day basis... hence the PHPBB board.

The Invision Boards we're currently on are a purchased software application, to increase the level of support and dependability of the forums.

As for the site, excluding the forums, it has come a long way as well. Starting off as straight html (yeah, back in the day!), it was over time migrated to a dynamic (Cold Fusion [CFML]) based platform. From there, not long after the PHPBB implementation, I decided to go PHP all the way. Starting off with PHPNuke was a good beginning into the L.A.M.P. environment (Linux Apache Mysql Php ). But the forum software and the PHPNuke software didn't quite mingle in the member-accounts area. So just recently a complete overhaul was done. New site software, new version of Invision, and some nifty little emoticons even to boot! :dance:

So you can see, if you're new to the HQ, that the site has come a looooong way; made possibly by all the supporting members, sponsors, moderators, and helping hands along the way. From day 1 it was the beginning of what is now the LARGEST Banshee community on earth.

I think this whole Banshee thing is going to catch on.... ;)

and the HQ will continue to lead it!

Thanks everyone!

-Lee

I think this whole Banshee thing is going to catch on.... ;)

and the HQ will continue to lead it!

We can only hope. :rolleyes:

One thought, now that we're getting more members with 3,000+ posts, maybe we can redefine our titles. There's only one godfather, of course, but next could be "Masters of the HQ".

This has been a great place for me to come and learn, and I've learned so much from this place, it's unbelievable to think about how little I knew about the banshee when I got it. I was plenty keen on quads and two-strokes having ridden 250rs for a long time, but the banshee is a whole other beast.

later.

• 10 years later...