BHQ History

Hey. I have been on here for almost a year now (august 25, 2003) and I love this site. But I was wondering what I have missed. What was it like when it was started (original 12) what was that and who? I saw this on the banshee zone post. What did the site look like? Is there more informative people on here now or then? Give me some intresting history. :confused:

Edited by 2004LEBanshee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was not part of the origional "12", but I have been here since 1999 or 2000. The website has undergone several upgrades and server changes since then. 99% of the people on here are really cool, you have to be cool to have a banshee anyway, but you get that occasional 1% that are messed up and like to start crap. But this is definitely a higher class place to BS about your banshee or how your wife pisses you off, or you have these bumps on your penis (forget that, I dont want to hear about your bumps) :whoa: .

You get that other site "Blue trax" that is always bashing us because we dont like the childish games that they play (trash talking), banning people for voicing their opinion, etc.

I am not real sure who the origional people are but I have a little list of people that are well respected and contribute a lot to this site:

LEE (the Man in charge)

Meat

Boonman

Holyman

Screemindeamon

evil

cottoneyed joe

mikina38

bigairee

sredish

led

If I missed someone, SORRY

There are many more guys that will help you out and point you in the right direction, In fact anyone you see as a forum moderator, are guys that have been around for awhile and can help you out.

I have been known to throw in a tidbit of info from time to time.

Hope this helped.

Peace out

Well, the site a long long long time ago was a message board with the old school outline style board. I wasn't one of the "so-called" originals, I've been around awhile, but it goes back quite a ways, and when it switched from message boards to forums the people who were on the original board, their start date was erased and set to the date they were attached to the forum, so they lost some time on their date.

As with any growth, in comes people who don't want to contribute and just screw around, there seems to be more of that here lately, but it's still pretty informative. I have noticed, probably in the last 6 months, a lot of the old-timers are logging on more infrequently and that might be party why, due to a lot of young punks just screwin around.

But when it goes down, you see how many people go nuts, so they're are a lot of die hards.

when did bansheehq start off?? ive been on here for ages now and its just grown bigger and bigger. lee does an awesome job with this site. if you own any 2 stroke (or sadly 4 stroke :shootself: ) this is the site where u can get the info.

stu

when did bansheehq start off??  ive been on here for ages now and its just grown bigger and bigger.    lee does an awesome job with this site.  if you own any 2 stroke (or sadly 4 stroke :shootself: )  this is the site where u can get the info.

stu

Can't remember exactly when, but you're right BHQ has come a long way. I found it by chance doing a search for Banshee. This site rocks and I couldn't imagine life without it...

There are still some of the original members active here, although I don't know about the "original 12", maybe Lee can give us some backround.

Some of the "old dogs" still active are:

Lee, Member #1

FATBANSHEE #25 (Always here, but never says much)

BenBB #30

Wheatchex #35 (Doesn't post much anymore, but still visits)

Banshee370 #118

J.J. #171 (only recently made amateur status :P )

Meat #287

dlNoss #685

Minkia #1595

Nyuk #1980

BdBanshee #2553

Still remember the AllProCycles,Quick and BlueBreadTruck sagas, those were pretty wild.

I remember joining shortly after I bought my banshee in June of 98. I think it was around July or August of that year. I remember Lee, Meat, Ben, Banshee370, Wheatchex, Gurg, the rest sort of slip my mind, as bad as I try to remember I just cant!!!! eh...I'm positive there were way more than that. Oh some guy from Sparks named Curtis......and Crash and Burn (C&B). LOL I didn't think anyone was paying attention to the shit I say. That "Original 12" was sort of a rip off of Oceans 11......I guess I need to pay as much attention to what I'm saying as some others do. :unsure: lol..... naw..you guys know when I'm shooting the shit.

if i remember right screaminbanshee  was here long time ago too....  then he went and made bluetraxx i think....i been here long long time too>>>>>

That's what happens when you make a list of names, you always leave someone out. :unsure:

Sorry 'bout that member No.111 :D

ohh thats ok i was just showing i been here awhile although i am not as informative as others i try to help when i can... it been an awesome site for a long time... as for the bs stuff you will get that where ever you go.....i know over thet last few yrs hq has keep me entertained and even helped me a few times to get the banshee running in top shape...

i guess alotta guys went the way of the thumper and are too ashamed to admit it.

i miss abso.

most of the guys i looked up to for knowledge are still here lurking.

forcefed

wheatchex

meat

stan

benbb

some guys that don`t post anymore

bercat.

I haven't been here as long as others, but I remembered my friend telling me of this site. The whole site changed like several times, but it's still informative and helpful to me whenever I had any questions on my banshee.

yea, ive gone a few changes in the site, but its still the good ol BHQ, i got my shee in 2000 and always lurked around the site but never got a name till like 03, then starting posting, i remember alot of those guys

Edited by frocashmoney24

Don't know who the originals are, but I got here shortly after the switch from the BBS days. Also, note that the curent member #'s correspond to when at one upgrade, EVERYTHING got wiped out. And you had to re-join the site. That was in August of '02. :unsure: I think. Anyways, I still look up to alot of people for information. :headbang: I still don't know why people ask me quesitons.... I don't know anything. How much can a guy know with a stock banshee? :confused: I am unsure what I would do without the HQ. Prolly the same thing I did before I stumbled upon it....... I am not on even 1/4 of what I used to.... Work has been keeping me busy. :cry: Oh well. Have to afford banshee parts somehow..... And the kiddie thing has been simmering down lately. And I wish we could all forget about the Bluetraxx nonsense. And just put it all behind, and keep the peace.... :cheers: