Top Speeds?

theandyman05

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had to go count, it looked like 18/39 to me, is that adequate? with 22" tires on the back, i really need to take down my ratios so im not runnin 4.8 through 300ft... :wacko:

please dont kill me, u know maybe the speedometer on the mustang was a lil off?

18x39 with 22 inch tires huh. any portwork done to your bike? what kinda pipes? dems some very very tall gears and tires.

P.S.

the guys i bought it off of were complete speed freaks, they werent into racing or even riding much, they just wanted to go as fast as humanly possible on as many machines as they could own, that explains the gearing and tires i would think. i really need to change it up so its more practical to ride! not enough low end to be driving slow, not that ill ever need to drive slow :headbang:

but NYUK, ur right, it is too fast, im not worthy of this machine either way :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

should I be worried about pushing my banshee to it's limit like this... going that quick and keeping it pinned in 6th scares me... can I overrev?

Pushing it that hard for that long isn't bad... I heard you shouldn't do this on a 2-stroke?

What's the limiting factor on the shee... drag or gearing (does it rev out?)

Would I get higher top speed with shorter gearing or longer in other words?

ive gotten 105, clocked ......with a real fuckin good steering stabilizer 80+ horses and geared 17/40, im gonna go with what NYUK is hinting some kid with pipes aint pullin no 17/37, its just not happenning that bike would peter off after having the clutch feathered to shit in fourth and would never see sixth.......some people dont realize stock gearing wont do 100 no matter what mods you do.....my bike geared stock will do 75mph, it gets there awfull quick, but wont go any faster...... :cheers:

ive gotten 105, clocked ......with a real fuckin good steering stabilizer 80+ horses and geared 17/40, im gonna go with what NYUK is hinting some kid with pipes aint pullin no 17/37, its just not happenning that bike would peter off after having the clutch feathered to shit in fourth and would never see sixth.......some people dont realize stock gearing wont do 100 no matter what mods you do.....my bike geared stock will do 75mph, it gets there awfull quick, but wont go any faster...... :cheers:

I'm with blue on this one. Man you would have to have one pissed off banshee to go over 100mph, I just don't see a stock banshee, hell I don't see a piped and ported banshee with stock gears getting anywhere near 100mph. If you have one I want to see you go 100mph and then take your engine apart.