Gas Prices

The price just went up to 2.59/gal this morning at the cheap places in Nor Cal.

"98 R.O.N. is the same as 89 M.O.N" not necessarily, but this is probably a close approximation for typical pump gas. The difference between the MON and RON numbers is called the "sensitivity" if I remember correctly, and can vary which is why (R+M)/2 is a more reliable octane number.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
:shrugani: okc always had cheap fuel. hmm times are tough i guess. guess when everyone spends their paycheck on fuel and cost of living. somebody will realize that we wont help the economy but not buying stuff like xmas gifts and what not

LOL there is a little farm equipment store in wyoming here that is selling 83 octane for $.88 / gal. We get that and mix toulene (sp?) from the paint stores and its still cheaper than the normal pump gas. Had a chemistry major at the university figure octane rating with some fancy equipment in the lab and we are making around 88-89 octane the way we are doing it, and its still cheaper than buying that crap from the kum n go here in town. i've been running it in my jeep for a week now with no problems.