Stupid Ass Dealers

Wassup350

OK so i go into the dealer which is like a 30 minute drive to get some jets and bolts. First i had to get a chain tightener, he looks it up on the computer and comes up with one of the rollers i say no thats not it its on the axle carrier. so he looks for that and finds it and i ordered it because it wasnt in stock. Then i told him i needed some jets since i just put a new filter on and i did some air box mods to it. so he goes and get some pilots that i needed and i ask him if they were for a banshee and he didnt have a clue what i was talking about so i ended up waiting for like 30 minutes for him to figure the shit out. I have the same problem with my snowmobile dealer ship. The parts idiots dont have a clue what they are freakin doing and dont know shit about sleds.

OK so i go into the dealer which is like a 30 minute drive to get some jets and bolts. First i had to get a chain tightener, he looks it up on the computer and comes up with one of the rollers i say no thats not it its on the axle carrier. so he looks for that and finds it and i ordered it because it wasnt in stock. Then i told him i needed some jets since i just put a new filter on and i did some air box mods to it. so he goes and get some pilots that i needed and i ask him if they were for a banshee and he didnt have a clue what i was talking about so i ended up waiting for like 30 minutes for him to figure the shit out. I have the same problem with my snowmobile dealer ship. The parts idiots dont have a clue what they are freakin doing and dont know shit about sleds.

:o

Ya know, I've had the exact same thing happen to me. 'UH is this part it?" NO!!!! JESUS!!! They have ME look on the microfische to tell THEM which part I'm looking for!!!!! Last time it was a FRONT MASTER CYLINDER REBUILD KIT pretty simple once you stop looking in the carburators for it.

Once I told them I need the rubber stopper things for the seat. UH WHAT YEAR IS IT FOR???

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"Its for a '98!!"

Then they come out with the rubber things that the stock pipes sit against on the frame.

I had the sales person quote the price for the rebuild kit I mentioned at the top here....she gave me their cost price instead of what they sell for, after she quoted me a BRAND NEW MASTER CYLINDER (took a minute to get her in the right direction). So when I went to pick it up I was happy it was so cheap. Then it rang up at over $30.00. ....the price tag said $28.00 and some change, so I knew what happened.

I don't know what to think....I hope I can open my own Yamaha dealership one day.

I had the same problem when I first got my banshee. I went to a local shop looking for some 927 cause I heard about it here, and the guy questioned me if the banshee was a two stroke!!! I told yes I'm positive. The guy who does the wrenching happened to come through and he turns to the guy and says, "Is a banshee a two stroke?" The mechanic looked at him with this puzzled look and said "uh yeah". Come to find out that guy behind the counter was the owner!! That's why the mechanic couldn't believe what a dumbass he was. Needless to say I never went back.

AND WHAT PISSES ME OFF EVEN MORE IS AT AN AUTO PARTS STORE, THE SORRY ASS FUCKS BEHIND THE COUNTER DONT HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT A CAR PART IS. IF ITS NOT LISTED ON A STUPID COMPUTER, IT DOESNT EXSIST. LUCKALY THE SHOPS AROUND HERE ARE FAMILIER WITH THE SHEE SO I HAVENT RAN INTO ANY PROBLEMS YET, BUT AS I SEE THE HELP AT THE SHOPS DIMINISH I CAN TELL WHERE ITS GOING, JUST LIKE TRINITY, "HAD" A FEW GUYS THAT KNEW THIRE SHIT, NOW, THEY HAVE THE BURNED OUT DROP OUTS FROM THE NEXT TOWN OVER THAT DONT HAVE A FUCKING CLUE AS TO WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT. NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THEN A GUY THAT YOU COULD BARLEY UNDERSTAND SPEAKING, ASKING YOU IF YOUR CAR HAS AIR CONDITIONING, JUST TO GET THE RIGHT FUCKING LUG NUTS !!! :evil:

An other thing that really amazes me, is their lack of common wear parts. I went to the local polaris dealer to get a fuel filter for my sled and the ididot behind the counter of course had to look it up on the freakin computer. Im like its pretty simple it just hooks up to the fuel line and he goes back to look for one and is lik "uh were out of them." I'm just thinking, give me a fucking break, we live in the snowmobiling capitol of new york and the god damn local dealers dont even carry fuel filters :shootself: It just astonishes me. :whoa:

Update: it's been 7 god damn days and i still havent gotten some parts i ordered. I call the dealer up and ask them if my parts are in yet. The idiot on the phone is like uuuhhhhh let me go check. Turns out one of my parts are in and the other one will be there in an other DAY or TWO!!! This fuckin pissing me off they said it would be here in around 3 days, so f*ck stupid ass dealers!!!!! :angry::angry::evil:

all of the local yammy shops here have drag racing teams, and some run shee's of course. one of them, the owners run one of the biggest dirt drag strips in the area. it's usually not a problem when asking technical ?'s.

yah that gives me the shit too...but u cant blame them...now i just go straight for the guy in the coveralls not the one in a formal...tisk tisk...and i know ive been there when even the mechs. have fucked up at the shop i was at...its liek u complete idiot move over...but there used to dealing with peeps who get someone to put gas in there machines so what do ya get :P

i went in the other day to get my PC pipe and silencer for my yz and the chick at the counter said "Pro circuit discontinued the Platinum 2 pipe for the yz and procircuit doesn't make the r304 shorty silencer" the kicker is i was holding the pipe in my hand and the silencer was on the shelf next to her. parts people are idiots

havent realy had any expirences to talk about much like that, but i think i might be able to get a job at one of these places for the summer. . .

job interview. . .

label these theree items

muffler, air filter, tire

! ! ! YOUR HIRED! ! !

even tho most people would come to hate me (like the clerks in the stories) over not knowing alot, but atleast i'm not going to argue about stuff i dont know if i would get a job there

i do rember the one time in advance auto me and my friend had an argument with a guy over what NOS was (trying to tell us it was just regular air compressed) and N03 was just a made up formula to sound cool, so we had him look around in the back for muffler bearings and blinker fluid for a 95 f-150 for an hour, then he told us he just sold the last ones a week ago :blink: