Fmf Fatties Vs. Toomeys T-5 Or T-6

Don't mean to beat a dead horse again, but I am looking to pipe my stock 03 SHEE. Any opinions on which is a better performing pipe. I am between FMF Fatties and Toomeys either T-5's or T-6's. Almost all of my riding is dunes and have been told the FMF's are better for that being the Toomey's are more favorable for top end power. Not much into drag racing at all. Understandibly anything is better than stock. Any help would be great thanks to all!!!

Don't mean to beat a dead horse again, but I am looking to pipe my stock 03 SHEE.  Any opinions on which is a better performing pipe.  I am between FMF Fatties and Toomeys either T-5's or T-6's.  Almost all of my riding is dunes and have been told the FMF's are better for that being the Toomey's are more favorable for top end power.  Not much into drag racing at all.  Understandibly anything is better than stock.  Any help would be great thanks to all!!!

Even though your in the dunes, the decision is still dependant on how you ride in the dunes. Do you ride "wide-the-freak-open" 100% of the time, or do you cruise around in 2nd and 3rd half the time? If you are a wide open kinda guy then the Toomeys will do you good in the sand, but if cruise just as much as you go fullbore, then the Fatties are going to be less of a workout and more enjoyable and will still give you great pull through the top.

Just my opinion.

If you want to be able to pull 5th and 6th in the sand real strong then toomeys, my Gnarlies are pretty weak in 6th unless I'm on pretty flat or packed sand. I think that for WOT hill climbs in 2nd and 3rd the FMF's are nice because with the low end you don't have to clutch it as much causing the front end to reach for sky, if you let off the throtle for a split second. With more mods, cool head with 21, 20 or 19cc domes, timing advance, airbox lid off, lightened flywheel, reeds, ect, that add some low end grunt and/or low end acceleration, you may not need the low end from the pipes as much and just loose top end HP potential with the FMF's. For all around dooning and just playing around I say FMF fatties are perfect and cost less too. If you want to get serious and plan on adding a lot of other mods then get the Toomeys.

i had two bikes ame mod one t5 one fatty both ported 170comp 14/41 dune riders hands down fattys over t5 much better bottom pull and just as good on top end, sold t5 pipes bought sheeres in frame pipes great power. only differnce was bike with t5 pipes timing adv to 4degrees other stock both on 1/2 120 race gas :bolt:

On my bike I have t-6s and I just love them. I do like to drag a bit and shoot hills, but mostly dune. these guys got it right though, if you like puttin around get the FMF. You like just plain haulin ass get the toomeys. Plus they are just plain the best sounding pipe out there.

This might help clarify a little more:

Also going to add reeds, reed spacers, cool head (Dome Size ?), boost bottle modfiy the airbox, and already running pro design filter. I was thinking that would help even out the bottom end a little bit! :D:D:D If using Toomeys.

I am kinda leaning that way. Been around both a little and I like the look and sound a little better on the Toomeys (even though that dosen't really matter)

My bike pulls hard all the way through 6th, even in the dunes. It is actually a very competent duner. I can easily hang with the Toomeys and more. Same thing with drags, they don't have anything on me, it's more rider and traction than the pipes. My only setback on drags is I don't run Haulers.

Right now I have four sets of pipes. T6's, fmf fattys, Graydon proline, and Pt High Rev. I have had all but the Pt's on the bike. I have been on the dunes with the T6's and the fattys. The T6's with a 13 tooth front gear was the ticket for me at the dunes. The fatty with a 15 tooth for the dirt. The Fatty didn't seem to perform as well at the dunes as the t6's. But on a dirt road with a 15 tooth the fatty was by far the way to go. 14 tooth on both bikes on the dirt road the t6's were faster, but put a 15 tooth on the fattys and it was faster. The t6's wouldn't pull that gear very well, at lease not like the fatty did.

I was running a 15/41 in the dunes this weekend. I took all my sprockets as I thought I'd need to gear down, but it surprised me. Maybe the sand wasn't as soft as it normally was.

I'm more of a mxer than a duner, but I think I've been hooked.

The T6's pulled the gear, and I thought it did it fine until I got some fattys. Trust me the fattys pull a taller gear mod for mod. The t6's did better on the dyno also. They just dont have the mid range power to pull a taller gear like the fattys. When your trying to pull a long gear you better have a broad power band. T5's and t6's are top end pipes and are better suited for the dunes, but can be used just about anywhere. All pipes shine in there own way.