Yfz 450

lucky13

I BAUGHT A NEW YZF450 THIS WEEKEND

WHATS SOME CHEAP STUFF I CAN DO

I HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT ADVANCING THE TIMING??????????? BUT IM NOT SURE

ALSO TAKES FOREVER TO WARM UP CAN I DO ANY JETING WHILE STILL RUNNING THE STOCK PIPE AND AIR FILTER

ANY SUGESTIONG WOULD BE APRICATED THANKS

P.S

MY BUDDY BAUGHT A NEW CRF 450 AND ALREADY PUT IN THE HRC HOP UP KIT

(CAM & JET KIT) AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE HONDA

sell it.

honestly, you should be looking at an exhaust first and foremost. after that take off the lid and jet it. that will make a lot of difference. from there, the world is your oyster. cam, compression, intake, you name it. tires might be worth changing, don't know about the yfz stockers.

People I know are having great resultes after doing the "cam mod" (retarding the exhaust cam one tooth) jetting the bike correctly, and installing a good air filter and exhaust. There are a few good sites dedicated to the YFZ450 full of tuning ideas and step by step modifications.

pull the airbox lid and the spark arrestor. jet to a 168 main and 45 pilot. after i did this it was a totally different bike. check out bluetraxx or yfzcentral for specific information.

you suck, <_< banshee and yfz.

:D

man you must be loaded. lol. i only got 3 quads... one of them cant be considered a quad, but shit on wheels... ( a beat up 2001 warrior, lol)

YFZCentral is alright, but its nothing like BHQ. I never been to bluetraxxx.

It seems like most members over there are kids or something. There are some members who know what they are talking about, though. Im Tampa450.

1. remove lid, pipe or pull baffle out

2. jet

3. tires

Go get the YZ450F dirtbike needle and some mains around 170 ish, and two bigger size pilots. Now you have a homemade jet kit with more useable parts than a $70 one. Unless you want to splurge on the JD jet kit, because it has "original" needles