1st Trip Out On Jim's Motor

Schizo

Justin, theres not a nickles worth of difference between those two motors. Piped the same Im sure they would act pretty much the same although they all have their own little personality. That cracking noise is probably just the engine saying "give it up already man, shift the damn gears dude!"...other than that...look real close at the end of the threads you might be a little rich still????...Jim

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin...mine was much worse before I jetted it some more.... I just had to re-learn my bike... Once in that wicked power I was pulling 4th and 5th gear wheelies at pattons...it was really mopping shit up this weekend...got hot as hell a few times but i didnt notice any coolant sizzling on my pipes. nice trip and thanks for all your help out there. The drags on Sunday sucked ass so its a good thing you did not go...the conditions were horrable.

Justin remember Ben does has a slightly different setup than yours. He has dual stage reeds, a boost bottle, and rev pipes. Take some good pics of your plugs again after those couple of rides with the 350 mains should give you more of an idea of what the current jetting is like.

I didn't mean 4th and 5th up the steepest side... I meant up the middle wooped out side... I'm sure it would have revved out 4th up the steepest side though. Sand literaly falls down the hill as your going up it on that side..lol. it was pure entertainment. Pattons is hardcore. Its too bad SDD didn't cruize to pattons with us on Sunday. I think his g/f got more seat time on his quad than he did.

OK OK OK>> Back the F'n truck up......

First off how did I get dragged into this :) hehe

I resent being called a sweetheart too! Im just another jackass thats glued to this board and is willing to help out a fellow banshee rider. I cant always help everyone but I do my best to help those in need.....

I will NOT accept anything from ANYONE at roostfest.. Unless its in the shape of a tall blond....... Ohh wait..... My wife is gonna be there.... Scratch that idea for now :P

Jim. Your right... Dont do it.... I wont accept it. Why am I so special? Look at how many people on this board that contribute way more than me...... What makes you think I deserve it over any of them?

Back on subject now :)

Justin....... Bring your ass out to dumont and between a few of us we will get ya dialed in....

J.J.

My opinion of Jim hasnt changed.. nor has my opinion of Elka shocks...

We all have our opinions and personal experiences. I have no ill feelings towards Jim, only elka's.. Sorry Jim... nothing you can say or do will change that. B)

Do I think his Elka's are better than my 6 or 7 year old TCS...... Sure... but I still wont buy elka's hehehhe

I also think he is a poser and doesnt wanna show up at Dumont. :ph34r:

thats ok Walt i now realize elkas suck....ill agree elkas are a pinch better than the tcs shocks, or so the pro's think......as far as making dumont, id love to, but my biz has to come first and i have a prior commitment or id be there,, after all dumont is in my back yard, for those who havent been there its a real nice soft sandy place to ride your quad, but me working 12 hour days and driving an hour and a half each way to work leaves me about enough time to come home and take a dump and im off again, allthough i manage to ride my bike for at least a half hour a day, kinda like going to the gym...if you would have checked with me first i would have told you i have 8 weeks off per year, but you went ahead and scheduled roost fest right in the middle of my busyest time of year, now i could go ahead and have one of my best clients sue me for roughly 150 grand for breach of contract, so i can ride in a place im an hour from, and have been to probaly 200 times, but im thinking that would be one pricey little vacation.......ill pm you when im off this year and you can fly out and we can meet at dumont for a ride.....if you have a problem getting off work just tell your boss to fuuck himself...after all banshee's come first.....

Ahhh shit man I didnt want you to take my post wrong.... That was not my intention!

I was just busting ass about the shocks... yes your Elka's are better than my 7 year old TCS'.... I dont want to start that whole thing again....

I was also busting about not being able to show up... Its too bad you cant and I wouldnt expect you to blow off a customer to join us.. Im sure all of us wish we could be so close to Dumont/Glamis...... But I have told my boss to kiss my ass.... So thats not a problem :)

I appologize if my reply/comments were taken wrong.. again that was not my intentions

Walter

WTF?

Anyway, I understand about the work thing Deuce. Last month I had a purchasing agent scream at my dad while I was at lunch. I was pissed off enough at that one total lack of respect to tell the guy to take his $30k worth of work and stuff it in his pee hole. Then I remembered that I need to pay some bills.

Dumonts going to happen for me, but it almost didn't due to work. Being self employed is an adventure. When there is work you better damn well do it, and when there isn't work, start worrying where your next meal is coming from. Work is an obligation when you own the place.

I plan on making it back out to Dumont, I'll let you know Jim. I'll let you impress my friends, and then they'll think I'm a high roller.

lol.

<_<B)

thats ok Walt i now realize elkas suck....ill agree elkas are a pinch better than the tcs shocks, or so the pro's think......as far as making dumont, id love to, but my biz has to come first and i have a prior commitment or id be there,, after all dumont is in my back yard, for those who havent been there its a real nice soft sandy place to ride your quad, but me working 12 hour days and driving an hour and a half each way to work leaves me about enough time to come home and take a dump and im off again, allthough i manage to ride my bike for at least a half hour a day, kinda like going to the gym...if you would have checked with me first i would have told you i have 8 weeks off per year, but you went ahead and scheduled roost fest right in the middle of my busyest time of year, now i could go ahead and have one of my best clients sue me for roughly 150 grand for breach of contract, so i can ride in a place im an hour from, and have been to probaly 200 times, but im thinking that would be one pricey little vacation.......ill pm you when im off this year and you can fly out and we can meet at dumont for a ride.....if you have a problem getting off work just tell your boss to fuuck himself...after all banshee's come first.....

Ahhh shit man I didnt want you to take my post wrong.... That was not my intention!

I was just busting ass about the shocks... yes your Elka's are better than my 7 year old TCS'.... I dont want to start that whole thing again....

I was also busting about not being able to show up... Its too bad you cant and I wouldnt expect you to blow off a customer to join us.. Im sure all of us wish we could be so close to Dumont/Glamis...... But I have told my boss to kiss my ass.... So thats not a problem :)

I appologize if my reply/comments were taken wrong.. again that was not my intentions

Walter

Naw Walt i know you was just teasin guy..so i thought id shoot a smartass reply...ive often stood in front of the mirror and flipped myself off, it doesnt do any good though...damm i wish i could make the trip, id sure like to hang and party, thats the best part of a trip like that....all those banshee's in one spot, id love to see that new sweet ass paint job on your bike, lets hope you dont scratch it up....