Jetting...got New Pipes

Klotz

i just sold my pro circuites and bought brand new tommey t5....do i have to change the jets now...all my mods are listed below ...so the pipes are the only thngs i have to change..thanks for the help

shane

i just sold my pro circuites and bought brand new tommey t5....do i have to change the jets now...all my mods are listed below ...so the pipes are the only thngs i have to change..thanks for the help

shane

to answer your question, you may be somwhere close. But chances are, you will have to change your jetting somewhat. If the pipes came with recommendations, then you might oughta just pop that in and see where your at. Best thing to do, is to run it, WOT test, and see where your at, that is the only way to tell how much change is needed. Also, remember to check when shee's warmed up.

I would run 300 with lid, 320 w/o and a 340 with clamp ons. As for the needle 3rd from bottom and a 27.5 pilot 2 turns out would be a good start, always do a plug check, no one can be exact just our estimates. I have a similar setup so this should be close.

I'd imagine you'd be somwhere around spoin's recommendations. 300, 310 with lid.

Dude, 300s sound lean to me.

I run the same pipes, and the Toomey 2:1 air filter.

I am at 370 mains, 30 pilots and air screws 1 1/2 turns out. Bike runs like a raped ape.

The guy that is running 280 mains at sea level, you are sitting on a time bomb dude. Porting you will have to go up.

Good luck.

The guy that is running 280 mains at sea level, you are sitting on a time bomb dude.  Porting you will have to go up.

Good luck.

I went w/ what Tommey recomended for sea level. Checked my plugs and everything is good.

No time bomb here B)

But ya, Im sure I will have to go up once the porting is done.

The guy that is running 280 mains at sea level, you are sitting on a time bomb dude.  Porting you will have to go up.

Good luck.

I went w/ what Tommey recomended for sea level. Checked my plugs and everything is good.

No time bomb here B)

But ya, Im sure I will have to go up once the porting is done.

Toomeys instructions are way off for anything other than the stock air box with a snorkel attached.

I live at 1500' and didn't listen to their instructions.

Good luck brother.

Toomeys instructions are way off for anything other than the stock air box with a snorkel attached.

Good luck brother.

Ya I here ya. Looks like I will no longer need those instructions anymore once I get it ported.

While were on that topic.... What jets should I start w/ once I get it all put back together? Im doing the Race Logic porting. My current mods are:

K&N (no snorkle)

T5's

Cool Head (22cc domes)

V-Force Reeds (not installed yet)

About to do +4 on the timing (not installed yet either)

I think thats it.

Any help would be great!

Good luck brother.

Ya I here ya. Looks like I will no longer need those instructions anymore once I get it ported.

While were on that topic.... What jets should I start w/ once I get it all put back together? Im doing the Race Logic porting. My current mods are:

K&N (no snorkle)

T5's

Cool Head (22cc domes)

V-Force Reeds (not installed yet)

About to do +4 on the timing (not installed yet either)

I think thats it.

Any help would be great!

I would start w/ a 350 main, 27.5-30 pilot, and go from there...