Automotive Related

Dragg-on

is it a cold air k&n intake, just the k&n filter that fits in the oem intake or another kind of k&n air filter? there are many kinds of k&n filter/intakes systems for cars. i have a volant air intake on mine, which is similar to the k&n. from what i know, you dont have to do any kind mods to the fuel flow system. the k&n filter is just for extra/cleaner air, thats all. gives u a small amount of xtra hp & gas mileage! late

jose~

I might go with the stock airbox K&N, I doubt It will make a noticable difference vs the nice chrome cold air ones, I just would love better gas milage and the extra HP, but Im wondering if it make your car run a lean condition, which we all know is not good!

If your car is equipped with an air-flow meter or mass air flow sensor it will probably compensate just fine for the additional flow. On Programmed PGM systems,with throttle position sensor and MAP sensor, the O2 sensor will most likely compensate for it...I dont see a problem....Jim

Does the efi system use an air flow meter or a manifold absolute pressure sensor?

Air flow meters will sense a change in airflow and compensate for the change. MAP sensors do not as they are only looking at the manifold pressure to determin the fuel requirements.

MAP sensored cars will require the ecu to me modified or replaced if too much work is done to increase air flow.

If the engine is standard and you just putting a K+N in it then it will be fine with either AFM or MAP sensor. As passionRE stated the o2 sensor can alter the injector pulse width to a certain degree but it only does this best at a constant engine load.

it will be fine with a k/n, depending on the year stang it could have either a mass air or a map sensor.your injectors are fine until u really start putting money into it.i had a 89,with a 306,kieth black 10 1/2 pistons,X cam,stock intake and fuel system and it ran like afucking champ,it was really a sleeper.stock intake hollowed out two chambers from the top,fake cats,and oh forgot about the 4.56's in the rear.god i loved that car,made alot of $$ with it

86-88 stangs had a speed dencity computer . with this computer you can not chang the cam duration with out having drivability problems or bad idioling .the computer dosnt like change and will not no what to do with a cam but as long as you dont mess with the cam its ok. k&n will be fine just get a cone filter and boolt it to your stock plastic intake tube

89-up cars have a MAF(mass air flow) system that reads how much air is coming into the motor witch tell the computer how much gas to mix in . with both of these you wont have a problem with k&n filter

oh and you should be able to get 250-275 hp with stock injectors