Viosport Helmet Cam

J..J.

I have a helmet cam from helmetcamera.com. Got the better resolution one, and the pictures are great with it. I also bought the fanny pack (POS just use a backpack) and bought the toggle switch thingy that you can connect on your body somewhere to turn the camera on and off and the cap fell off it before I even got to use it (had to glue it back on)

The camera is great .....but I havent gotten to use it much because my first ride out with it I did a cartwheel with my shee, busted the camcorder (probably wouldnt of if it was in a backpack), bent my a-arm pretty badly.....and havent gotten the camcorder fixed yet. But its getting fixed as we speak so I'll hopefully be getting some film again shortly.

It just suck that I need a computer system upgrade....it doesnt support me uploading sound with my video to the computer. (damn old computers)

all the helmet cams iv priced where way outta my price range, they usually cost upwards of $300 + dollars. Now we've all seen those little internet spy cams that sell for 99 bucks and less. why cant I hook up something like that to a camcorder ?

all the helmet cams iv priced where way outta my price range, they usually cost upwards of $300 + dollars.  Now we've all seen those little internet spy cams that sell for 99 bucks and less. why cant I hook up something like that to a camcorder ?

meat, i was thinking the same thing, pad the hell out of the recording device in a back pack then having a little lens on the helmet or even on the handlebars would be cool. what all would we need to try this ? where would i look to get it ? i know if i go into radio shack there gonna look at me like im stoned.

Hey Evil, you've quite a memory my man!

Been out of contact for a while, but back now to find the HQ different once again.

Yeah I made it to L.A., unfortunately for me my boss suggested the family tag along (wife and 2 small girls), so we ended up at Disneyland, which blew the Banshee goodies budget out the water.

Managed to get to ALBA with what little bucks was left and bought some IMS kick-up pegs, Denton Steering Stabilizer and some small stuff. Only had about 10 minutes in the shop.

Yet to put these things on the bike.

So now I'm broke and starting to save up again, I'll get those shocks one day...

a good friend lent me his helmet cam,the 300 res.model.he said it was around 300.00+also a sony handy cam it hooked up to.the quality+sound are exelent! i taped some great footage of my buddies+myself racing around are local track+some good hillclimb stuff.it's difficult to watch the tape+not get all tensed up.at one point i'm completely flailing out of control sky,earth,woods,fence+then i miraculously pull it back together+continue on like i ment to do that,it's priceless.

all the helmet cams iv priced where way outta my price range, they usually cost upwards of $300 + dollars.  Now we've all seen those little internet spy cams that sell for 99 bucks and less. why cant I hook up something like that to a camcorder ?

I got one of those spy cams things they work pretty good mine is the wireless deal but don't work really well on the wireless part but I could plug my camcorder directly into the spy cam works great other than you have to tape a 9v battery to your helmet with the spy cam (got it off eBay for like $5 but was from like china shipping sucked still cost list $25 when all said and done I think)

I have a helmet cam from helmetcamera.com.  Got the better resolution one, and the pictures are great with it.  I also bought the fanny pack (POS just use a backpack) and bought the toggle switch thingy that you can connect on your body somewhere to turn the camera on and off and the cap fell off it before I even got to use it (had to glue it back on)

The camera is great .....but I havent gotten to use it much because my first ride out with it I did a cartwheel with my shee, busted the camcorder (probably wouldnt of if it was in a backpack), bent my a-arm pretty badly.....and havent gotten the camcorder fixed yet.  But its getting fixed as we speak so I'll hopefully be getting some film again shortly.

It just suck that I need a computer system upgrade....it doesnt support me uploading sound with my video to the computer.  (damn old computers)

What kind of camcorder did you use before it was destroyed? (i.e. brand, model #) I was an inch from buying a helmet cam but could not for the life of me find a camcorder with an A/V in...only A/V out. THANKS a MILLION!!! :)

The thing that sucks the most is that before we went to the riding spot, My buddy wanted to check out his 250R's slipping clutch, so we took it around the block and I have the footage of that. Then we get to the riding spot, and you have to put the camcorder on vcr, instead of camera mode, and my dumbass put it on the camera mode, so I have about 2 hours of sound.....with no video. It was a good f'in ride too.

I ran out of camcorder battery, and we headed back to the truck, and one last wheelie up the driveway and next thing I know my rear grab bar is digging in, right rear wheel is digging in, and I'm cartwheeling. So I didnt get shit, except a bent a-arm (1000 dollars later I got arms and shocks all the way around), bent grab bar (still bent), and 150 to fix my camcorder.

I got a sony trv-330. You can get them used off ebay for like 300 bucks. It's a really good camera and does a good job. I've beat the hell out of it and it still worked until my whole body landed on it (probably woulda been o.k. if I had it in a bookbag). You need a camera with an A/V in plug. Mine new was like 800 back in the day. They're a lot cheaper now. They're not to big and you could pad it up pretty good in a bookbag. It also has a plug that you get a button on a cord that you can turn the camcorder on/off and play/pause with it. It's nice to have so you dont have to be in and out of your bag to shut it off when you stop.

I got the 420 resolution cam and it was expensive, but worth it. I just got so sick of going on rides, and not taking any pictures or filming because I was to busy riding. Even if I stop somewhere and someone else is riding, hitting climbs etc, instead of pulling the camcorder out, I just watch what he's doing and it films it.

I'll have it up and running again in a couple weeks, and I gotta get rid of this win98 system on this computer and put at least 2000 so I can get some sound uploaded, and then I'll show you how we do it B) We're a crazy bunch.....