Exhaust

Hockey390

2 of my friends and my dad both asked me the same question when i told them i got new exhaust pipes. why dont they come stock on a banshee... They take less material and add power... So why in the hell doesnt yamaha make a better stock pipe??? Just curious if there is a reason or if they are just dumb

good point wallrat... I'm suprised that didnt cross my mind with all the thoughts going on in my head...

as for still wanting better pipes if they came stock with good pipes, that could be true to, but isnt ANY aftermarket pipe a crapload better then stock?

I thought they made the stock pipes dual-walled (pipe inside a pipe) to cut down on noise and to limit the engine output for insurance reasons. Also, I think they're packed pretty tight(in the frame) so you don't burn yourself as easily on them. That's why I think they are the way they are. Not sure though :huh:

what i dont get is why the hell is a bolt 2.50 and a washer is 2.00 wtf go to any local bolt store and get it for at most .50 but still people go to them and pay that much for a damn bolt. if they would stop then yamaha and honda and every other place will lower the price too. Then to top it off they charge you an extra 2.50 for shiping and handling because THEY dont have them in stock. WHAT A FU@KING JOKE

I think an exampel of a better stock motor issue is how yamaha makes the 660 raptor which is sposed to be the biggest and baddest thing out there, so other companies make compition for it. Then yamaha makes a 400 that can blow the raptor and most of the compititon away. Why dident they just make that in the first place, or even better put that kind of desiging in to the bigger cc'ed (if thats the way to phrase it) raptor and make it auctualy fast? So with the right parts could a 300 (4 stroke even) come out in a few years and be blowin these things away....

They could possibly have guidelines to follow as to how much power they can have, noise intensity, how easily you can be burned....But you would think that overall, yamaha would want people to buy their quads. This is obvious, but think about how many more sales they might have if a STOCK banshee comes with a set of nicer pipes, or an aftermarket bumper, just little things. True they may have contracts with aftermarket parts makers so that they can make their money to, but that contract could easily be outdone by an increase in sales. If i had to pick between (since i only like banshee's pretend 2 companies make them, i dont want to use a 400ex as an example.) a Honda Banshee, and a Yamaha Banshee, the difference being $250 more expensive on the Yamaha part, but it came with a GOOD set of pipes. I would more then likely spend the 250 extra and get that quad. Some may not see my point exactly, but its in there somewhere...

Pyro_Zach, in that case, we better look out...the 2005 warrior might be taking the lead on the dunes! :ph34r:

Yamaha builds them detuned so the public don't get hurt from the lack of skill. Than get the shit sued out of them.

Picture a Well to do Family. Dad makes great Money but don't know Squat about Offroad Anything. Son (13 years old ) bugs the old man for one of the cool Fast banshees. Dad goes down to local dealership and has it delivery to the house, there it is Limited Model with Some T6 toomey Open air box Etc... All 60 RWHP Bad ass machine. The unskill son kick it over revs the shit out of it a few time and Nails the throttle pulling a Wheelie in National MX stlye Holeshot Right in front of the Old man, Tearing the Lawn into instant Mulch and Hiting the Rod Iron Fence Out of control And breaking his Shoulder and Right arm. Dad Was scared to Death seening all the Raw Horsepower almost Killing his Son and Call the lawyer after a Stiff shot and valium.So there is One major reason.Yamaha need to biuld for the masses.

We the insane customize them to haulass.

Yamaha builds them detuned so the public don't get hurt from the lack of skill. Than get the shit sued out of them.

Picture a Well to do Family.  Dad makes great Money but don't know Squat about Offroad Anything. Son  (13 years old ) bugs the old man for one of the cool Fast banshees. Dad goes down to local dealership and has it delivery to the house, there it is Limited Model with Some T6 toomey Open air box Etc...  All 60 RWHP Bad ass machine.  The unskill son kick it over revs the shit out of it a few time and Nails the throttle pulling a Wheelie in National MX stlye Holeshot Right in front of the Old man, Tearing the Lawn into instant Mulch and Hiting the Rod Iron Fence Out of control And breaking his Shoulder and Right arm. Dad Was scared to Death seening all the Raw Horsepower almost Killing his Son and Call the lawyer after a Stiff shot and valium.So there is One major reason.Yamaha need to biuld for the masses.

We the insane customize them to haulass.

true that some sue happy bitch would be a bitch and sue

. Son  (13 years old ) bugs the old man for one of the cool Fast banshees.

The things right on it say ya gota be 16 to ride it. Maby the high out put thing could say like 18 or 21 even then.....

As for when I got my banshee for my 15 birthday.....well it was used and the guy before me already had them taken off sooo :rolleyes:

But on that matter I dont think theres one dealer out there that would refuse to sell somthing because of the age of the person riding it...un less their like 13 and trying to use a credit card, but thats another story....