450r Posponment

boy thats really funny. everyone is so hyped up for it to come out. i bet honda is gonna lose a lot of customers because of this. i bet yamaha's sales will go up. honda seems to be behind in such things. they should have had that thing out long ago. and you would think they would have had any tranny problems fixed long ago bein that they have been working on this quad for some time. oh well, just goes to show you that yamaha is better :D

I'm interested on reading more about the new suzuki 450r. not that i would buy a honda or suzuki but i like seeing that the sport stuff is coming back again.... now all we need is yamaha to do is redo the banshee for better handling and make a twin 400 2-stoke :rolleyes: all i can say is hog heaven

Well I'll tell you one thing. It's better that Honda R&D the heck out of it and sell it as a rock hard machine that sell it like the 2001 Raptor with tranny problems and the new YFZ with overheating problems. That is exactly why Yamaha pisses me off sometimes. The freaking Raptor should of been recalled. Instead they made me pay 1300 bucks for their lack of R&D.

PS I still own a banshee!!!

If I had one on order I would rather have them pospone it then release it with problems. Of course you are talking to someone who used to own a RAptor so its a little different for us x-raptor owners. They should have a support group for us.

its perfectly clear that honda is desperately trying to play "catchup" to yamaha.not only in quads but bikes as well.it cracks me up to see the honda commercial with ricky carmicheal riding his cr250 around a track with some young kids on xr's.it makies you think that an xr is a racing bike for mx-and nothing could be further than the truth. :o

Fro the John Deere is just a rebadged Bombardier, most likely just the utility line...

Righto....see: http://www.atvillustrated.com/industry_new...e/atvs/new.html

it cracks me up to see the honda commercial with ricky carmicheal riding his cr250 around a track with some young kids on xr's.it makies you think that an xr is a racing bike for mx-and nothing could be further than the truth.

Me2,...but still, a small XR for a small kid that's starting out & wants to race MX someday...why not let them take it on the track & get the fundamentals down & a feel for riding. Makes sense to me. :unsure:

and the new YFZ with overheating problems.

I have a YFZ And my fan has never even kicked on. As a matter of fact, Im removing it with the starter and the battery soon. I did order an oversize aluminum oil tank and I will get an oversize radiator, but thats just for my piece of mind.

Then agian I ride it like your supposed to and dont let it idle for long periods.

Hey, atleast they figured it out before it came out. Remember the tranny prob with the raptors? most of the time that was a hole i our pockets. All honda is doing is saving their costomers money ,I mean really? do u want to buy an atv and then have to put an extra amount of money from your pocket cuz it was the company's fualt. ;)

Yamaha made the same damn mistake,Big whup..everyone makes mistakes.