Banshee builder

J.W

Carefull!..Ive used 2 reputable builders in my town now...And I dont recommend this...If you watch the yutube vids on banshee rebuilds from KANpowersports and HerrJuggs, You will want a super experienced banshee builder only...Theres a bunch of little banshee specific things that a reputable 2 stroke builder might not know...My 2 didnt..poor assembly, wrong torqes, no leakdown test, no loctite in loctite spots...ug...

I guess my point is, dont be picky about location...If ya gotta ship it you gotta ship it...Find a proven banshee guy here or wherever...some of these guys got this down to a perfect science...On one of those videos, the guy was so picky about a bunch of things, and explained why, which was cool..

My last bad builder ripped  my gaadam inserts out my brand new tank!!( the ones the plastics tie into), im so mad!!...Dude just didnt have a clue...A banshee guy would not have done that....

This last builder is a famous mx rider from the 70's 80's..Been doin his own work for a hundred years, thought for sure hed do my motor right...nope...another 3k set on fire...Im down 5k  now, and my quad is sittin out there leaking a little bit from everywhere...who knows about the insides

Dont be me! lol...at least watch some vids so you have a good feel on whats supposed to be done...Then youll have good questions for a local guy at least, maybe be able to get a read on his skillset...My moneys gone, so i actually have to learn and do it all myself now...which i am now cool with

I wish I would have went that route...I called FAST and instantly regretted using my local dood...Theres a ton of directions you can go, kinda have an idea of what your wanting because they will have a ton of questions...I felt like i was wasting thier time by not knowing what i wanted yet...but the guy was super cool to me anyways...

I was asked 'what kind of riding do you do?'...i said, 'well i like to be stoned and do brodies'  (bad answer lol),,,i had to come here to find out what that meant haha,,im so new, but learnin super quick man..

Use a 22gallon rubbermaid tote. Put cardboard on the bottom. plywood (make sure plywood isn't too large and doesn't go through the tote), more cardboard. put your motor in. pack it with cardboard on the sides and top until it's got no room to go anywhere. Zip tie the top on ~ every 6 inches. Ship it out to an actual banshee builder. (HJR built mine and I'm very happy with it. He's also great with his time management. I will use him again in the future).  F.A.S.T. is also great and there's no shortage of good things said about them here. I sometimes order parts from them. From my research: Redline Racing in OR also seemed like a good option...

Check out herr jugs videos on youtub!!!....very cool to see your builder in action..I really liked the KANmotorsports banshee dissasembly videos!! This guys got an engineers brain and i found the entire dissamebly and all his comments super interesting...Like if you had shop class in school that only taught you banshee from a grumpy teacher lol...

Im gonna learn all this sht so I can banshee more...Also bonzi garage video just posted on his 92 rebuild...THE LEAKDOWN test was the best vid ive seen on that process, the test was bad, and dood plays hell trying to pass leakdown...super informative!

Weird that im here with first offroad toy at 55 years old totally and suddenly addicted to a  30 year old banshee....happy the scene is still live...feel like im part of shelby cobra club, how da fuk am i gonna pay for this stuff ??? Really guys with your 2000 dollar pipes? your fricken hiper rims and your stage 7 shocks!!lol...should have gotton a 4x4 grizzly, i know this...but i didnt..i am here and im gonna vacume up every bit of good content i can..wish i could print the whole site just in case putin takes out a satellite or something lol

Jeff at FAST gets my vote. You tell him what you’re looking for and he will ask questions from his YEARS in the industry wrenching and modifying mostly banshees. Then he will give you his opinion on what he believes you’re looking for……then he will go to extremes to deliver what you two agree upon. THEN….he will provide customer support like no other….