Torque Monster

outkaste

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on making my Banshee a torque monster. We do a lot of trail/woods riding and would benefit from more torque.

Already sent my heads out to have a stage II port job for low end and mid only. Seriously considering the CVII system. Anything else yall would care to voice?

THanks in advance.

OutKaste

if you mean cylinders then you are on a good start next find a cool head like the bad ass one i got from nossmachince.com and bump your compression and then mayby look into a 4 mill stroker and a set of pt mid pipes and then you should probly check into gearing it plays a huge part in what your power feels like since it is partially what gets it to the ground and a decent set of tires to get the shit to the ground ohh and bump your timing up to like +4. can think of to much more ohh and fro traction get your swing arm shorted or buy a minus swing arm with a round house carrier. and you should a decent trail warrior.

Agree w/ both....Get the 2 into 1 for the absolute most torque and low end power...If you want a set of twin pipes w/ the most torque, then get the Pt's....Head mods are a great mod....Shortened swingarm is a must and strongely suggest it....Gear it up, +4 timing, boysen petals, cut the end of the air box lid (about 1.5" off the end so you still have all 4 clips)

I have the gnarly pipes, I like them alot. I had the motofast years ago, so from memory, I think the motofast was a smoother and a more linear powerband, but the gnarly pipes definetly have more mid/top than the motofast with good bottom end. I remember the motofast being very good in the tight woods, but when I hit the open areas I was a little disappointed.

Dont forget the flywheel weights. Stealthy offroad makes a decent set. They will make the power broader and keep help prevent stall outs. It will also make the power more tractable. My tecate seemed to have a fairly heavy flywheel compared to me shee and i liked in teh woods a lot more.

Hey do u travel n e where in Canada to go riding? or do you just do local riding? I live just outside toronto and me and My buddies have been thinking about goin on a road trip somewhere riding. We are eventually head down dunign somewhere in the states but if we can find somehwere really good in canada we r goin.

Later

Hey,

No riding out of Pa. yet. Just got this thing at the end of summer. Rode it a few weekends and started rippin & tearin. It's gettin a ground up fixin. Some moron worked on it before I got it and really did some stupid things. I wouldn't let the guy work on a bicycle!

There used to be a good poker run down until 2 yrs ago, I think. It was one of the largest in the country. Cochranton Pa. Unfortunately, it was shut down do to too many inconsiderate riders and a bunch of tree huggers. We have a few places around here to ride and always on the lookout for more. There are some places in the Allegheny National Forest, Mid Pa., that we will be going to this summer and I guess these are some prime riding areas. Some of the trails are kept well 'groomed'.

L8r

Yes Calgary, drumheller, Wypress all that and much more. Everheard of the great sand hills, or the Athabaska sand dunes. 200,000 sq miles of sand and only a handfull of people know that it exists, or how to get there, thats the hard part. Brulie sand dunes are fun and easy to get to. They are in west Alberta next to a town called Hinton look it up. Great sand hills are protected land in Saskatchewan but i got to no a few farmers in the area that let us ride there a couple times a year.

2004LEBanshee,

That's about 1.5-2 hrs away. That is one of the places mentioned earlier in Allegheny National Forest.

Soon as the weather breaks, we'll be on our way.

Would you be interested in meeting there or maybe stoppin in on your way through?

If so, we'll have to keep in touch.

What part of Ohio? We usually travel up to my aunts house in Port Clinton to do walleye fishing off her charter boat and jump on over to Cedar Point.

L8r

OutKaste