2002 banshee one side fire

Found my issue I believe pulled the flywheel cover and was full of rust water . Got the nut out for the flywheel but can't get the flywheel to come out. I have the 17mm extractor tool but it won't go on . I noticed the inside of the flywheel is smooth no threads and my tool threads on so confused on how it goes on . I have watched videos and they all thread in easy . I can get about half a turn maybe two than it stops . I know it's reverse threads . 

Are they stripped or ?
If there isnt any threads, try Lubing it alot & try making threads with the puller. might have to impact it back & forth & it might ruin the puller but... other than welding it, you might be screwed.
I'd turn it on its side & keep lubing key gap, if it was rusty & let it soak good also.
If puller holds, smack jacking bolt & around the center hole to help shock it & loosen it before & as you turn it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

You'll have to use a chain/ strap wrench, big pair of channel locks or Pipe wrench, I would say. If it was threaded & a little tight you could get away with a strap/ filter wrench but... since there's no threads on there, it's probably a knock off and a junk aftermarket flywheel anyway so.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Fordmaster101 said:

So there are threads on oem ones / good aftermarket ones ?. This is my first banshee.  Sounds like I'm in for a long fight trying to get this flywheel off. I'll have to get a big strap wrench and a spanner wrench  I've never heard of the spanner wrench but those might just do the trick 

i removed the flywheel too for the first time in the last week. i used the puller, a long pipe wrench to hold the puller while the handle was leaned against the floor and a long ratchet with enough leverage. only two half turns and the Flywheel came off. if you have those tools, try it! 

1234557686543.jpg

Edited by Qliphoth
  • Like 1

Got the fly wheel off and New one on both pipes smoke and sounds good . But can only get it to run on starting fluid. The petcock has good flow . But when I connect it to the fuel line it's doesn't come out much at all. Causing the carbs to be dry and not fire . Have checked the lines no blockage floats are 21mm 280 main jet 25 pilot jet. What could cause the fuel to not flow to the carbs ? Oh yes it has gas and yes the filters on petcock are clean .

Got it floowing will run off starting fluid.  But having a hard time with the idle /Rev I do believe it's the tors system.  Right now the both are turned all the way down with the slide almost sitting on the bottom.  I'm betting that's the issue how many turns do I do ? I can't find it online . It should be somewhere in the middle I'd think but I'm  unsure so thanks for helping :)

TORS grounds all ignition, its either firing or not, so its not TORS. Theres no setting on idle, just idle it up & try.

If it wont stay running with  throttle, its not that either. You have a carb blockage, crossover tube off or  slides in backwards.

You start it w/ spray or keep it running with it too?