Long travel question

MarineNYC

Looking at getting this setup. I see that it doesn’t come with a rear link.

You need the link to complete the LT correct?

Can the link be installed on a stock swinger?

I see the ELKA links are like $700. FML. Are there other options?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alba-2-Long-Travel-A-Arms-Elka-Legacy-Front-Rear-Shocks-Suspension-Kit-Banshee-/401426192710?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just put that kit on my banshee last winter. Its cheaper if you buy it through alba.  The rear shock that it comes with is std length for the oem linkage. I really dont see the benefit of spending 700 bucks for their long travel linkage and getting a different rear shock than the package offers. Best thing you could do for the ass end on these is a round house carrior swing arm

I just put that kit on my banshee last winter. Its cheaper if you buy it through alba.  The rear shock that it comes with is std length for the oem linkage. I really dont see the benefit of spending 700 bucks for their long travel linkage and getting a different rear shock than the package offers. Best thing you could do for the ass end on these is a round house carrior swing arm

Wtf?? The rear isn’t LT!!!?

I have a hook up with ELKA. One of my boys is sponsored. Says he can get 35% off or some shit like that. He’s just gonna say it’s for his team.
He also is sponsored by houser. Too bad they don’t make arms for the shee

On 2/23/2022 at 4:33 PM, MarineNYC said:

Wtf?? The rear isn’t LT!!!?

I have a hook up with ELKA. One of my boys is sponsored. Says he can get 35% off or some shit like that. He’s just gonna say it’s for his team.
He also is sponsored by houser. Too bad they don’t make arms for the shee

Yes the rear is not lt.. i really doubt it is need unless your hitting 70ft table tops

1 hour ago, ClaudeMachining said:

I realy doubt that you need a Banshee at all...

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

I have never had LT rear on any quad.  I’ve had LT front only abs it was still great for woods and dunes.  But is it something I’m really missing for just recreational use?  I’m over here weighing the cost and trying to figure out if it’s worth it.  Is the rear that much better?  What’s the biggest place you notice it performing better?

Front end by far. From what i read a good built oem rear shock will perform better than most can ride. I kick my self in the ass for selling my oem rear and keeping the elka that came with the kit. Nothing wrong with the elka, but the oem is aluminum body so it lighter and wont rust and its piggy back resi so no fighting to mount the resi. Id take that 700 for the linkage and order a fireball swingarm and call it a day.

Front end by far. From what i read a good built oem rear shock will perform better than most can ride. I kick my self in the ass for selling my oem rear and keeping the elka that came with the kit. Nothing wrong with the elka, but the oem is aluminum body so it lighter and wont rust and its piggy back resi so no fighting to mount the resi. Id take that 700 for the linkage and order a fireball swingarm and call it a day.
Or both. ;-)

2793df238f71ff50ac42a41ccc6a3847.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What size rear tires u run? Can u measure the distance from ground to lowest part of link?

I’m setting my bike up for desert racing and do not want to lose ground clearance if I decide to get the elka link. I’m allready bashing the stock link on rocks. I have a -1.5 fireball arm.

What size rear tires u run? Can u measure the distance from ground to lowest part of link?

I’m setting my bike up for desert racing and do not want to lose ground clearance if I decide to get the elka link. I’m allready bashing the stock link on rocks. I have a -1.5 fireball arm.

Ok, i'll check and report back tonight !