Lock out clutch.

Hello Banshee friends. I’ve built a 421 Banshee from a Bp kit off eBay.  It’s an 01 and was totally beat by its previous owner.  I’ve spent the last Year restoring it. The engine runs very strong but the clutch is slipping like crazy with every power band. People keep suggesting a lock out clutch system. This is my first Banshee build so I’m a little lost on this subject. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

i’ll describe what it’s doing the best I can.  Staying out of the power band you don’t really notice it. I was breaking in the new engine a few days ago being easy  on it . After about an hour I took it down the road and got on it a little bit. Engine was revving excessively but not taking off like it should. Like all the gears were flat.  The second day I took it out I took it down the road again. Not so gently this time. This thing should’ve been pulling the front wheels off the ground but wasn’t even coming close. In Sixth gear it’s  revving excessively But not getting much power to the ground. Then gradually engine sounds like it’s Grabbing and lots  power ,it takes off like a bat out of hell and I’m past 80 Mph before I know it. So the clutch started to grab ( I think ) A friend of mine who has a lot more mechanical experience than I do road it once, he explained the issue almost immediately. He said my clutch was slipping like a mother. I don’t know what else it could be

It will rev excessively with every power band, But not really takeoff.
this thing should be pretty scary to ride compared to a stock Banshee. But it’s really not scary at all. It sounds mean as shit, Very Crisp !  Even on the street with dry pavement it’s not pulling hard enough to pop the front end up. 
6th gear is the only one they really rips ass but it takes at least 3 seconds before it does so. 

Stock springs is your issue. If you put a new clutch in (assuming current is toasted) with HD springs, I bet it fixes your issue.  Could try just HD springs on clutch u have now , might be all you need.  You dont need a lockout. Fact.

• Like 2