Banshee wont take throttle

03blkbanshee

OK, I'm thinking, if it was breaking up when you rev it in neutral or in a gear but with the clutch in, I would assume it's something electrical, but you stated that it does that only under load. So might be either, air leak, poor fuel delivery or bad compression.
How hard is it to start it when it's cold.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

TORS was deleted by previous owner. Parking brake has been unplugged via the connector under the fuel tank. I am considering one of "South Texas Banshees" wire harnesses which has the tors and parking brake wiring eliminated. I finally gave up and took the banshee to the bike shop. They are supposed to go through it and let me know what is going on with it. Will reply to this when I hear back from them. Hoping that will be today or tomorrow...fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well...shop has had banshee for almost 2 weeks now and it still isn't fixed. They went through the carbs, did an ultrasonic blast on them. They have gone up and down on both the pilot and main jets, but still does the same thing. Runs awesome until you put it into 1st gear and start letting out the clutch...then just bogs out and dies. They say if you mash the throttle upon take off she will go just fine. So it is just that very 1st part of the throttle that doesn't want to work. They are now thinking it may be an electrical problem of some sort. They did a compression test and that came out good. They put new plugs and caps on as well. They tested the coil and it seems to be working fine. They are currently going through all the wiring seeing if there is a problem there. Not sure what else it can be? These things don't have that much that make them tick! Hoping they get this figured out as I want my banshee back!!

Well...shop has had banshee for almost 2 weeks now and it still isn't fixed. They went through the carbs, did an ultrasonic blast on them. They have gone up and down on both the pilot and main jets, but still does the same thing. Runs awesome until you put it into 1st gear and start letting out the clutch...then just bogs out and dies. They say if you mash the throttle upon take off she will go just fine. So it is just that very 1st part of the throttle that doesn't want to work. They are now thinking it may be an electrical problem of some sort. They did a compression test and that came out good. They put new plugs and caps on as well. They tested the coil and it seems to be working fine. They are currently going through all the wiring seeing if there is a problem there. Not sure what else it can be? These things don't have that much that make them tick! Hoping they get this figured out as I want my banshee back!! Oh yeah and I just ordered a new wiring harness from STB with NO TORS or parking brake. I am hoping that will fix it. Even if that isnt the problem it will be good to have no TORS or parking brake wiring plus all brand new wires and connectors.

• Like 1

Well...shop has had banshee for almost 2 weeks now and it still isn't fixed. They went through the carbs, did an ultrasonic blast on them. They have gone up and down on both the pilot and main jets, but still does the same thing. Runs awesome until you put it into 1st gear and start letting out the clutch...then just bogs out and dies. They say if you mash the throttle upon take off she will go just fine. So it is just that very 1st part of the throttle that doesn't want to work. They are now thinking it may be an electrical problem of some sort. They did a compression test and that came out good. They put new plugs and caps on as well. They tested the coil and it seems to be working fine. They are currently going through all the wiring seeing if there is a problem there. Not sure what else it can be? These things don't have that much that make them tick! Hoping they get this figured out as I want my banshee back!! Oh yeah and I just ordered a new wiring harness from STB with NO TORS or parking brake. I am hoping that will fix it. Even if that isnt the problem it will be good to have no TORS or parking brake wiring plus all brand new wires and connectors.

How much was the wiring?

If everything mechanical is good and there is no air leaks than its definitely electrical.

You have rather weird problem, I just can't think what exactly is causing it if stator is good, coils and caps are good and cdi is healthy too.

Maybe some wire breaking up somewhere.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I paid $125.00 for this one. It 2002 - 2006 banshees. Everybody that has bought these have nothing but awesome things to say about STB. Yeah the mechanic keeps saying that I have a very unique problem, unfortunately. He says coil is good, he hasnt said anything about the stator. I will ask him if he has checked that though. What do these do when the stator goes bad? If it were bad would the coil still be able to provide power for the plugs? I hope it is the wiring since thats already bought and paid for...lol.

I honestly don't know what I should do. I don't really think the shop is actually working on it. They don't know what is wrong with it. I am tempted to pull the plug and demand that they give it back to me so I can try and figure it out myself. They have had it for 2 weeks now and have accomplished nothing. My patience is completely gone. He uses the words "we will eventually figure it out" and "sometimes these things take awhile to figure out". This is sounding like it is going to sit in the corner of his shop until they just happen to have a brainstorm and figure it out. The whose thing has beyond frustrated me...

What I would do is give the repair shop a call tomorrow and give them until Friday to get it running right and if not then pull it out of there before they start running up your bill up. There’s plenty of good people here with experience and excellent knowledge about the Banshee.  Everyone here probably started the same way you are. You just have to have a little patiences when working on something and when something doesn’t go right you just have to step back for a few minutes and take a breather and connect with your thoughts. 

I just got done working on a guys banshee that lives down the street from me and his was doing the same exact thing as your is doing. His banshee was sitting in the back of his garage for 4 years and he didn’t prep it before he put it away for that period of time. If you decide to get your banshee out of the shop and need help I’ll be more than glad to assist you on getting it running again.

• Like 1