Spark plugs backing out

Codyonkwaj

On 11/16/2019 at 8:55 AM, Keno said:

Edit: New chart since it sounds like you are running curve 3. I guess my point is to get the programming cable so you can keep timing down low and pull back up top.

391b5749453d8bb86e59e9775c33b4c7.jpg

Don't mean to hijack this post, but prefer not to start a new one on the same subject. 

I have the Dynatek on my 96 Banshee, but the selector switch is not attached to the CDI. The selector switch I had stored away in my tool box so I'm assuming I'm set at Dyantek "stock" curve, correct? In order to keep the curve I select when using the switch do I need to leave the switch connected on the CDI? This would also allow me to switch the maps on the fly while riding I'm assuming. The switch has settings for curves 1,2,3,4. How would I set the switch to curve 3 +5 I see on this chart?

Don't mean to hijack this post, but prefer not to start a new one on the same subject. 
I have the Dynatek on my 96 Banshee, but the selector switch is not attached to the CDI. The selector switch I had stored away in my tool box so I'm assuming I'm set at Dyantek "stock" curve, correct? In order to keep the curve I select when using the switch do I need to leave the switch connected on the CDI? This would also allow me to switch the maps on the fly while riding I'm assuming. The switch has settings for curves 1,2,3,4. How would I set the switch to curve 3 +5 I see on this chart?

The older version of the Dyna had dip switches on the unit it self. If yours had the tether switch, there were dip switches on the bottom with markings to indicate the dip combination for each curve. If the switching is removed, it should function on the “Stock” curve. 13bcd28e7f9230d6544d80c0951dab05.jpg
5595e678876fd230190dcd207bd04874.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep it defaults to curve 4 or "stock" if the selector switch is removed.

Curve 3 +5* means curve 3 selected and 5* of static timing. This is the reason the OPs motor detonated and broke.

Without the selector, you just flash whatever curve you want to curve 4 and it will be the one running.

17 hours ago, Mighty Shee said:

I'm already running 50% 91 octane and 50% 110 octane, so I'm going to try curve 3 and see how it runs.

To make sure you don’t have the same issue that the OP did, you don’t have an adjustable timing plate behind the Stator do ya? If so, it needs to be set at zero while you run the Dyna curves.