Air Filters

JG1

Swapped out the throttle cable. I feel like I need a little more slack. Its tight. Even with the adjuster at the thumb level screwed all the way in, and the fittings on top of the carbs all the way in.

The carb on the right; the slide goes all the way down. The carb on the right; the slide wont bottom down.

Also, when I press the thumb lever all the way open, the carbs lift just a hair. 37a9fbc25f7701229dbecfc4bc70af07.jpgcce3bbf84d686d9bf3fa9ddb63343ebc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The slack is perfect now.

Next issue. The end of the throttle cable is threaded. And the top of the fittings on the carbs is no threaded. This piece can slide in and out, which messes up the slack in the cable.

Any ideas? I’m not sure if the boot at the end of the cable will hold it in place when I slide it down  feb2bc1b7bc2fa1c8cc6a953ec05a918.jpg87583eb5b61c2819b51ed97bc8c75968.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Edited by JG1

Been doing some reading and watching vids. Does this sound right?

Air screw, turn all the way in then back out 1 turn.

Idle screw, back out all the way, then in until the slide starts moving. Once slide starts moving, turn 2.5 turns in. 

Edited by JG1

Iirc usually 1-1/2 turns on air( if jetted correctly) if to far off of that rejet.
Set idol to your preferred rpm usually checked with vac. Gauge/ Sync tool to make sure they are sync'd
Some set idol with cable & some with screws.
then check sync. again at higher Rpms ( or sight in the windows @ wot ; off) to verify sync.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk