Tires for hillclimbing

If you guys had to choose between the mr501 or a set of tires with every other row cut off which would it be? Most of the competitions are not like the ones tyler clarke competed in, they're sorta like a 1000 ft semi-steep incline that u could take a warrior up easily or something like that. Some are up grassy ski slopes racing 4 or 5 wide and others are on semi loose dirt like you would find say in the woods. Also with those that say the 501's, would u cut those too or do people run them like they are? Tia

I'd like to see someone try goldspeed sc4's with every other row cut.

I have a set cut and ready to go. I don’t see any way they’ll be as effective as Ambush for several reasons. Knowing what I know, I’d pick the Ambush if I only had one run at the hill.

You wont run them. I check out some pics of those cat ambush tires. They look like standard razor knock offs. I dont doubt you because you know but why are they so dominant?

There’s a lot of differences. The only free info I’m giving out is that I run Ambush. I’ve tested cut Razors. They don’t work.

• 2 weeks later...

When you see the ambush tires with lower air pressure, they wrinkle up like drag slicks. The side wall on them was well thought out. That's where the extra traction is at. The Maxxixs Razr won't flex anywhere near what the Ambush does. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried tractor bar tires ? Just curious, cause I am currently in the process of building my first banshee. Which will be used mostly for woods and hill climbing, and that is what I use on my rail buggy. NOTHING beats them for hill climbing on buggies. Personally I use a skinnier set than most, and I make it up more stuff than most. My theory is... Skinnier tire equals more weight per square inch for traction..Seems to work GREAT for ME...

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk