straight cut gears

nyb

Basically buy the Redline replacement or a new Stock/Used basket to cannibalize the gear/bushing combo. Press gear out old /Press gear in Billet basket and hope (If used) that bronze area is good and spacer slides in and out without bind  or repeat process.

I have seen this on my own bike and several others lately (most running hinson) not sure if this wear (or stuck basket) is due to running with cushions that are garbage or just common on a banshee.  

What I've done on tractor kingpins before is use a flap wheel when there wasn't a reamer available. As long as the bulge or burr isn't that big. Does anyone have the exact dimensions of the bushing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Not to threadjack but i replaced the brass bushing a few weeks ago using the redline unit. I pressed the whole thing in from the back with a press using the flat part of a socket on the face of the gear. Once the gear was fully seated, i used the old bushing to press the new bushing slightly deeper to match the original depth. My old bushing was really worn out and there was significant play when grabbing the basket at the 3 and 9 oclock position and wiggling back and forth.

After installing the new bushing with a new collar, it was too tight to spin freely so i used some 320 grit sandpaper to open the bushing up until the collar spun freely when lubricated. I then went over it with a scotch brite pad. Top pic is the old bushing vs new bushing

2bb906c0c5c6f2eb14594e3928d2c0f4.jpg

b0648a504b5308d2619fb1e2d9ed282e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most will say Mattoon cushions are the most durable and their backing plate with larger screws most rugged.

Until recently I'd been using the red cushions with a Hinson backing plate (from TDR) and standard screws without any issues other than the cushions do need replaced after a couple of race seasons.