Old Member, looking to get back into it and get my shee up and running.

Hey guys, I used to be pretty active on here but got pulled away for work and enduros and Jeeps but I have some free time so I'm back again. Anyway, long story short my Banshee hasn't run since 2010. I have good compression and spark, turns over really easy. I drained out all the old gas. It did have Startron stabilizer in it when parked in 2010. I plan to put in a gallon over the weekend to see if she runs before I try to pull the carbs. I was wondering if anyone can recommend anythin else? I'll put fresh oil and coolant in her too.

Also, I've been out of the hobby for 8 years now. Has much changed? Any cool new go fast parts? I used to ride mostly woods and trails and I'm really wanting to get back into it. My buddy has a 450r and rides Reading Anthracite almost every weekend. Anyone know any good, legal, trails around the S Jersey area?

A pic of its sad, but improving, current state. This is a 2001 that I built from scratch around 2009 on here when I used to part out Banshees and Blasters.

vfNxDoq.jpg

This is what it looked like the day I finished putting it together in 2009.

LWMg4HG.jpg

Cool, thanks, when I parked this I only had about 10 hours on the cylinders so I'll prob keep those stock for now. Good to know though. I've been out of the game for a long time.

I bought the Tag about 10 years ago. I always wanted IMS Heel Guards but they were impossible to find even like 10 years ago.

I think I remember Sheerider. Is this chick still around?

wjimLn0.jpg 

Welcome back. If I were you, I'd get new air filters or at least clean yours as they tend to go stiff over several years. Definitely pull the carbs and at least give them a quick cleaning. New fuel, plugs, coolant, and oil. Spray a little Wd-40 or two stroke oil through the plug hole before start up. Check the pick up gap on the flywheel. Clean any grounds and dialectric grease all the plugs on the harness. 

10 hours ago, locogato11283 said:

What chick is that?

Wasn't that the cool Tatted up chick that actually rode, and he left for a hot little spinner that likes to "hike"? Lol

Rob, if you see this, you never told us whether the new one gave better head or not. Lol

14 hours ago, sheerider11 said:

Woah! I'm here!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

What's up dude?! I worked in Port Reading for a couple years, never saw any shees up that way. D ya have any places to ride in Jers? I used to go out to either PA Gamelands or Reading Anthracite because I could never find any place in the area. I'v been into enduros for the past 7 years now because there's so many more places to ride.

Guess, she's not. No one remember Brooke?

Oh nice. Where do you live?
I have a few spots here, but got super into xc racing with the yfz.
But still play ride as much as I can

What's up dude?! I worked in Port Reading for a couple years, never saw any shees up that way. D ya have any places to ride in Jers? I used to go out to either PA Gamelands or Reading Anthracite because I could never find any place in the area. I'v been into enduros for the past 7 years now because there's so many more places to ride.

Guess, she's not. No one remember Brooke?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk