How to lower compression on 10mil 72mm bore bike.

15-20 years ago, this thing was cutting edge. It belongs in a 90's neon themed machine. Way cool for an old stock cylinder set up. I've still got my old 7mm big bore stockers and just can't seem to justify the cost to get them set up again. 
Exactly!! All this thing lacks is a mini truckin paint scheme!

I've got a pump gas 10mil 72 bore. I put an aftermarket kick start lever for more contact area on the bottom of my foot. I'm glad i didnt do race fuel due to it being even harder to kick. This is the coolest thread ive seen here in years.

I've got a pump gas 10mil 72 bore. I put an aftermarket kick start lever for more contact area on the bottom of my foot. I'm glad i didnt do race fuel due to it being even harder to kick. This is the coolest thread ive seen here in years.
So I guess i would not be able to wear my Croc to kick-start mine ;+)

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

I honestly don't think race gas 10mill starts that hard. I'm 150lbs, and don't have an issue..but then again I use to ride a lt500.  That thing sucked to start.

Edited by pp13bnos

On 5/11/2018 at 6:25 PM, trickedcarbine said:

15-20 years ago, this thing was cutting edge. It belongs in a 90's neon themed machine. Way cool for an old stock cylinder set up. I've still got my old 7mm big bore stockers and just can't seem to justify the cost to get them set up again. 

AWOL for a while, back now. Glad you guys like the thread.

Latest update is that I have the kicker gear replaced, side cover back on, and I will be taking the head over to Louie at Twister tomorrow to have him recut and polish the chambers. 

You guys are probably gonna hate me for taking this bike apart, but here it was before I stole the parts I wanted from it. I didn't realize it was such a "period piece" It's hideous, but in a really good way. 

QWFVgkM.jpg

On 5/11/2018 at 6:37 PM, Ayesully810 said:

Yeah and Brick top i see this bike came equipped with toomey pipes hopefully once you get in back in action you will run a pipe that will help that mtr out a little more

Came with FMF pipes, but they have been modified into "big bores" I suppose.  The outlets were cut off and bigger pipe welded on, also the stingers are much bigger around than any others I have seen. Basically, the ends that get clamped together are much bigger than your avg T4 T5 FMF, etc..

On 5/12/2018 at 7:16 AM, m671054 said:

Whats it use for a head gasket? I didnt see oring grooves, but you mentioned an oring on oring seal not working plus i see three bond in the water jackets. 

O-Ring is in the cylinder. You can see it (brown) in the pics of the cylinder tops. But yes, seems like 3bond was smeared everywhere too. It was sealing fine, I know that.

On 5/11/2018 at 7:04 PM, JUSTWANNARACE said:

Originally this thing would have had cut T3's for pipes. What does it have now?

Came with FMF pipes, but they have been modified into "big bores" I suppose.  The outlets were cut off and bigger pipe welded on, also the stingers are much bigger around than any others I have seen. Basically, the ends that get clamped together are much bigger than your avg T4 T5 FMF, etc..