How to lower compression on 10mil 72mm bore bike.

On 5/10/2018 at 5:28 PM, JUSTWANNARACE said:

And I almost bet if he took a pic of the intake side it doesnt look like a stock banshee cyl either, more like a 250r style intake (cub style), lots of welding and porting on the intake side also. Or, being chad did it, it may be an oval port intake. But that one I would bet more on the 250r style. Geez the work we used to have to do to go fast..lol

Reed cage off, pic of the intake side.

za15Tzlh.jpg

9gcpusBh.jpg

I think Charlie at Superior Sleeve was the guy  to stroke and big bore Pikes Peak 2 wheelers years before banshee's  were even created, then they banned aftermarket cylinders due to the fact all other bikes were more than a minute slower at Pikes, a few years later  he met Jim. He still has about 50 sets of jugs that are using KTM 300 pistons. Cascade uses them exclusively on their own personal drag bikes,  the torque is much greater than a Cub, making them more consistent and easier to race. They have hundreds of trophy's piled up around their shop from Albany.

2 hours ago, strongweld said:

I think Charlie at Superior Sleeve was the guy  to stroke and big bore Pikes Peak 2 wheelers years before banshee's  were even created, then they banned aftermarket cylinders due to the fact all other bikes were more than a minute slower at Pikes, a few years later  he met Jim. He still has about 50 sets of jugs that are using KTM 300 pistons. Cascade uses them exclusively on their own personal drag bikes,  the torque is much greater than a Cub, making them more consistent and easier to race. They have hundreds of trophy's piled up around their shop from Albany.

I assume you are talking about Top Dog Racing as cascade has never built a superior sleeve motor(yes top dog did by out cascade a year or so ago). Matter for fact Susan's last drag motor was a 10mm cub(faster than there SS motor)

Just a little update, I had the domes cut at by Lew at Twister. I put everything back together, sealed it up, put the timing plate back to 0 to be safe, and ran it at Sandlake a couple different days now. Working real nice.

Previous engine I was running was a pretty strong dune ported 350 that put out 60HP on a dyno. This thing is nothing like that one. I can now pretty much can do anything one higher gear now, with much better low end power as well.  Haven't done any top speed runs, but I blew by a friends Maverick who was doing 60, and I was only in 4th with plenty of pull to go. Kicks hard, but does not kick back as long as I pay attention to what I am doing. No broken side cover, stripped gear or bruised foot to report. 

Real happy with this motor, now just to grow into it...

• 5 weeks later...