My 03 build

Thanks dano3.  I made the gussets myself.  I used cardboard to make templates and then transferred everything onto sheet steal.  Took about 3 hrs to make all of them using a band-saw, drill press, and sanding drum for the radius on the curves.  It really wasn't that hard to make them.  The hardest ones to make were for the area by the exhaust hangers that also support the steering hoop.  There were a couple compound bends I put in to make everything sit flat against all mating surfaces.

14 minutes ago, coops03shee said:

Thanks dano3.  I made the gussets myself.  I used cardboard to make templates and then transferred everything onto sheet steal.  Took about 3 hrs to make all of them using a band-saw, drill press, and sanding drum for the radius on the curves.  It really wasn't that hard to make them.  The hardest ones to make were for the area by the exhaust hangers that also support the steering hoop.  There were a couple compound bends I put in to make everything sit flat against all mating surfaces.

cool thanks. I remember seeing someone sell a kit pretty similar to yours on FB awhile back and was wondering if it was you. 

Nope, that wasn't me, I avoid FB lol. I enjoy doing work like that so it wasn't a big deal to bang them out.

I use to build and sell these about 10-15 years ago. Saw one once and wanted to build one so I made build plans and got to cutting, bending, and welding. 532a5e567ceb00c2e27722109799fc60.jpgc39cc324dc8985e588ada1564268a1b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

After a long wait for the motor, it's finally done. Got the idle set and let it run for a little bit to get some temp in it. After checking everything for leaks it was time to take a couple laps in the yard. First impression is Cameron did a great job on the motor!! Great pull even off idle. Gotta flush the cooling system to get all the anit-freeze out and swap to engine ice.

Anyway, here's the dyno chart and some pics of it put together. Went with Pro Circuit pipes to start. I'll see how they feel and go from there.

On the dyno sheet blue is FMF, green T5, brown Pro Circuit, yellow SLP, red CPI.57ddc70506b99ba2e7f9e0b1ecfd9083.jpgb4b84c623b521d548c3a1b4acf22471f.jpge2b53384cff200f4cabc421065f4df86.jpgcc6f15013999da96250adec9d175fd8d.jpg95ed5f0a42b53dbf8a2153f85016627e.jpge0ca64257d56ee02ca7535c62a99be6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Finally... a pipe comparison on the SAME engine!!
I find it interesting that the CPI's and T5's made lower torque than the FMF Fattys.  I've been saying for years that Fatty's are great performing pipes for an overall build because until you're topped out in 6th gear, it isn't HP that gets you over the line -- it's acceleration from TORQUE that pushes you there!

The other thing I like is the power curve is at a lower RPM.  Less wear and engine fatigue is exponential to RPM so I'd rather not have to scream at 10k to make powa.  When you ride about 100 miles in the sand every day you're duning, wear is more of a concern than if you just zoom 300' 30 times a day (about 1-1/2 draggin' miles).... lol.  This is when RPM is NOT your friend!!

I wonder how the results would be on a dune ported stock bore 4 mil.... I can see the lack of overrev graphed out - something I feel when I'm doing my 2% of drag racing I do at Glamis (I have Fatty's/they tuck in real nice and fit great!). 

Nice build == thanks for sharing your info!

Edited by jayzx10r

Tricked, thanks!  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, still have a couple more things I want to do to finish it off.

Schweet, the SLP pipes really did perform nicely down low with some very impressive torque numbers and curve.  The reason I went with the Pro Circuits is I wanted a good all around pipe, i.e. one that wasn't geared to just the high end and one that wasn't a stump puller.  Another reason for the choice of the Pro Circuits was the need for spark arrectors, a requirement where I ride.  Damn nice place but the DNR DOES check that stuff there.  The Pro Circuit pipes are pretty much right in the middle and gave great all around numbers on the dyno.  I will run these for a while and see how I like them, I'm not dead set that Pro Circuits are the ONLY pipe I will run.  Compared to the pile of shit I started with, this thing is gonna be a blast to ride!!!

Zillafreak,  I'm not horribly shocked at the numbers the Pro Circuits made.  Some of this may be from what Cam and I talked about from the get go and what I was looking for.  With the port work Cameron did on the motor it was geared towards this style of pipe verse a Shearer or CPI.

Canadianshee,  thank you for the compliments!  I like the XFR nerf bars but DAMN were they a bitch to get mounted up.  The rear attachment ear that goes to the subframe on the right side was way out of whack by almost 2 inches.  After some gentle massaging lol, I got them to bolt up.

Thanks Gusto.  Once I have more time on the thing I will probably play around a bit with pipes, jetting, and gearing to see if it likes one set-up verse another.  Dyno numbers are nice but the ride could tell a different story.

Thanks again everyone for the compliments!

Tony