My 03 build

Gusto, thanks for the link.  I tried them for the Fastway kit they initially said they had.  Turns out they didn't have one and also informed me Fastway no longer makes a kit for the banshee.  I will give them a call about the GPR unit and see if they have that one in stock. 

Bluebanshee, I originally purchased a -1 swing arm, then sold it to Claude lol.  The more I thought about it though with my size I will have plenty of ass over the rear wheels for traction and don't want to have it so the fronts come up at the slightest hint of throttle.  I decided to go with a +2 arm and I'll see how that works out.  With the power the motor will have I'm hoping it's a nice compromise with traction and the front wheels staying on the ground in a more controllable fashion.  Already have plans to order the ASI radiator, just need to get it ordered.  Those ASV levers are nice but I already have a nice ball bearing MSR clutch lever and I want to wait and see how the 08' mc lever feels before I drop the coin on a different lever for front brakes.

Loco, I was told by Mike at ATV Galaxy my rear is scheduled to ship on the 24th.  I'm sure as hell not holding my breath on that date though lol.  I've had one hell of a time just getting the correct reducers from him for the front shocks.  Initially he sent the reducer kit for a LTR450, second attempt was for the 09' and up Yamaha, and third attempt was a mix match bag of shit that actually contained 4 of the correct reducers.  I've given him the correct part number for the reducer kit and the actual reducers themselves, still can't seem to send out the correct parts.  After this last batch of mix match stuff he sent I just told him screw it and I will use washers to take up the space.  Frustrating to say the least especially when you provide them with all of the correct part numbers after the first attempt.

Claude,  I've looked at the Streamline stick style stabilizers.  If I can't find a puck style I will end up going with one of those.  I know the puck style costs a crap load more but damn do they work nice once you get them dialed in!

Thanks for the compliments guys, plan on updating things as I progress through the build and as parts show up.

Kawa110, if you got the puck and the frame mount you are ahead of the game already it sounds like.  From what I've been finding the frame mount is the part that is the hardest to come by.  Taking a stem mount from say a Precision kit and adapting it to work with your puck might be a way to go.  You may have to drill and/or tap the hole in the stem mount to work with your GPR link but I'm sure with a little massaging it would work well.  On the flip side, if you can get a shop to machine you one fairly cheap that would be tits as well!

Thanks

Tony

Tyler, thanks for the link!  Those are some nice looking pieces and I'll be ordering some of those.  Kinda sucks I have to pay for parts that should have come with the shocks but oh well.  After three tries through Mike @ ATV Galaxy I wonder what I would get next if I asked him yet again to please send the correct parts lol.

Tony

15 minutes ago, coops03shee said:

Tyler, thanks for the link!  Those are some nice looking pieces and I'll be ordering some of those.  Kinda sucks I have to pay for parts that should have come with the shocks but oh well.  After three tries through Mike @ ATV Galaxy I wonder what I would get next if I asked him yet again to please send the correct parts lol.

Tony

Haha, it's worth a shot.

Finally got the chassis done. I know, I lnow, the welds don't look perfect. Been a while since I've picked up the welder. They started getting a little better as I progressed. Here are some pics, made the gussets myself.

Tony13cbb86a3237b948da26c76b538b6375.jpgd0cd5c6940e4f49e5cc360c211fc353d.jpg76e18626489e3c6842797e5ac598ed5e.jpg6ba95e1214214849ef88fae07358a9d4.jpgade6e1b5cf0b57912cf3388cf9efbeec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've updated this. Finally got the frame back from powder so I can start putting things back on this money pit. Rear shock also finally got here so I was able to get that mounted as well. Got a call from Cameron at Redline so I think my motor is gonna start seeing some action.

Anyway, this is the progress so far since the frame has come back from powder. Still have to cut the front fender and waiting on the rear to show up. Gonna be blue fenders with black radiator and tank cover. I've debated a good while on whether to go with fullbore or use oem, I chose oem. Just like the looks of cut down front fenders with OEM radiator and tank covers.

Tony67f8a23b69c891b9d6eca21ce39cbda0.jpgdead2307c476ef0c96b9d05bd8cb4e3e.jpg6b8e01f0ff51c23b2ba3bbad75ed53af.jpg391dbfe6dd9895a44036b27487d06fdd.jpg59a0b6c02955a1e6a9ce8a8ebb6b2ebb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I appreciate it!  I won't lie, I had one hell of a time figuring out where that damn rezzie mount went.  With a little helpful insight from one of the forum members I had that head smack ah ha moment.  Hopefully the motor won't be far behind and I can get this thing wrapped up and get some riding done on it in the near future! 

Tony