Shattered/Cracked Frictions

Keno

On February 26, 2018 at 7:27 PM, Keno said:

Sadly, zilla is probably right. My first problem was the stock basket, the second problem was the regular springs. The third problem was the tusk clutch. Live and learn. I'm installing another Driveline clutch, just with stiffer springs. I may play with adding weight to the lockup if needed.

Driveline lock up or finger style lock up? 

I've shattered every clutch plate known to man. I also play with the clutch a lot . How much weight is on your lockout and which lockout do you have, time release or regular . Excessive heat can do crazy things 

Driveline lock up or finger style lock up? 

Regular Finger style from Mattoon. The fingers just have the m6 nut and screw on them. I can weigh them on Thursday if you would like an exact weight in grams.

Busy getting ready for a pathophysiology test so won't be able mess with it till then.

Edit: it's a Mattoon, but same style as direct drive, couldn't remember which it had.

Hmm, shouldn't be having any of that trouble. Definitely replace all the hard parts, add a new bushing on the basket, make sure trans shaft end play bad isn't bad, and try three and three combo of springs. If it's all new I can't see how it would keep doing that. 

Sorry for repost. Something you might wanna look into is ease of operation of the arms, I've had a lot through here that were notchy and plain old not great . The reason I'm saying check mechanical operations is tricked hit the nail on the head . You shouldn't be running into those problems with your set up.  Look into your pancake adjustment and length of center bolt, maybe it's not able to In guage fully. Just shooting out some ideas. 

• 2 weeks later...

The lockout was replaced last summer due to it being messed up when the basket broke.  I double checked it and the arms move freely.  Pancake was adjusted properly. actuator arm lined up to arrow when just touching pancake to pressure plate. I always run a little slack on the clutch lever. 

I did notice some wear on the washers on both sides of the spacer, also my basket bushing had some wear lines. I'm wondering if I distorted it a little when pressing into the new gear.

Anyways, New washers, Spacer, Bushing & kicker gear, Chariot basket, Center Hub, pressure plate. Ended up going with Barnett 401-90-047015 steels and Vesrah vp-2041 frictions (equivalent to 4H7-16321-02-00)

I'll report back in a few months or if/when something breaks again.  Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...