Asv levers and clutch adjustment

Drizzy

Just installed some asv levers on my banshee and now my clutch won’t hold bike when put in gear. Just put new basket and clutch but was adjusted just right with my old levers. Anybody that has installed these did you have to re adjust the pancake bearing and free play? Lever has tension on it. Wanted to be sure before I took off my clutch cover off and have to drain all new fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I don't like the asv levers, not enough throw and hard on clutches. But there should be an adjustment screw on the back side of the lever itself which pushes the lever farther away from the bars and gives you more throw (clutch pull) it' just a little Allen set screw

Okay thank you I’ll check it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is why I don't like the asv levers, not enough throw and hard on clutches. But there should be an adjustment screw on the back side of the lever itself which pushes the lever farther away from the bars and gives you more throw (clutch pull) it' just a little Allen set screw

Yep still not disengaging clutch fully I guess I’m going to have to take that clutch cover off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re adjust the pancake. Don't worry so much about the arrow on the cases so much, but getting it close helps the throw. What cable? I've never had any trouble as of yet. 
I would say dont worry AT ALL, about the arrow, if you know how things works, you dont need the arrow at all.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Adjust the center adjuster in the middle of the clutch. THEN you adjust the lever on the perch. IMO the arrows do not matter unless you are using 100% stock clutch components. Even then, i still wouldnt use them. You need to understand how to adjust the center bolt to set the gap.

49 minutes ago, ClaudeMachining said:

I would say dont worry AT ALL, about the arrow, if you know how things works, you dont need the arrow at all.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sure, but if it's adjsted to far beyond the arrow toward the kick starter, you run out of throw/travel for disengagement. 

Thats fine for over ride guys as long as there is enough travel to keep the bike from creeping at the line. Not so great for the typical rec rider. 

Re adjust the pancake. Don't worry so much about the arrow on the cases so much, but getting it close helps the throw. What cable? I've never had any trouble as of yet. 

My old clutch cable should work with the asv levers correct.? Just not sure why it would need readjust the pancake again. I was having a real hard time to get that cable to go into the lever ended up unhooking cable from cases to hook it up to lever and it was pretty hard to get it to hook back up at the cases. If that helps with my issue

if your lever has tension and its tight then something has gone wrong. where is the clutch arm where the cable attaches when it starts to get tension on it.

If I squeeze lever the marks line up. It was fine before these levers. I had just replaced clutch basket to billet and new plates. Bout week ago. Adjusted pancake bearing and the arrow markings on case. Not sure if the levers threw adjustment out. I can’t get the clutch lever to get any free play at all