Need some information!

you can make it a BANSHEE 400 and it will be fast

jk but seriously there is a lot of things you can do.

yes a 4 mil will make it quicker, but there is more to it than just changing out the crank. Id pick a sponsor on here to do your work and contact them. 

I would start with after market pipes that will support your riding style, reeds and some advanced timing (adjustable timing plate) also learning to tune your carbs will be a good skill to learn once you start changing stuff 

Edited by Ayesully810

you can make it a BANSHEE 400 and it will be fast
jk but seriously there is a lot of things you can do.
yes a 4 mil will make it quicker, but there is more to it than just changing out the crank. Id pick a sponsor on here to do your work and contact them. 
I would start with after market pipes that will support your riding style, reeds and some advanced timing (adjustable timing plate) also learning to tune your carbs will be a good skill to learn once you start changing stuff 

As of now I have trinity stage IV and Keihin 34mm pj no air box and the adjustable-timing plate I guess it’s not mostly stock but I want to get more speed out of it b6f3c2656df7242626839c7aaf6d2c34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does "mostly stock" mean? How are we going to give advice when we've no clue what you have? Increased timing, displacement, and compression equals more performance. That is a given on a general level.

Just stated what i have in my reply...

depends on how much you are willing to spend, but getting some porting done with some added compression and some reeds would be your next step.

or you could get a 4 mil crank AND have it ported.  Will cost a little more but will make more power. the options are endless but will only take you as far as your wallet (or credit card, not advised lol) will go

Edited by Ayesully810

You can port for the stock stroke, or port it for the 4mil. You don't see much gain just swapping the crank. There needs to be a total package to get the benefits of stroke. A good stock cyl 4mil can make mid 70+ hp on pump fuel and 80+ hp on race gas.  

Let's start with, what is your "budget"? That is going to be the most helpful piece of advice for us to give you options.. then what kind of riding do you do? Get us those answers and we can go for there.. and also a total list of what you have now will help as you may be able to improve from what you have. Cause if you have a true trinity stage whatever, usually the cyls have been over ported. And with that said your cyl you have will not work with a 4mm crank.. jmo

Let's start with, what is your "budget"? That is going to be the most helpful piece of advice for us to give you options.. then what kind of riding do you do? Get us those answers and we can go for there.. and also a total list of what you have now will help as you may be able to improve from what you have. Cause if you have a true trinity stage whatever, usually the cyls have been over ported. And with that said your cyl you have will not work with a 4mm crank.. jmo

$2000-$2500 on a complete build turn key ready and trail riding and some track riding

If you are mostly on the trail and sometimes MX, you may consider the Moto-Fast single carb manifold, a PWK, and Moto-Fast 2 into 1 pipe. You will have plenty of power on tap throughout the RPM range and they sound amazing. Dyno port makes a 2 into 1 pipe as well and trinity has a single carb manifold but Moto-Fast was the first and the only engine builder to ever win a GNCC on a Banshee. I am in KY and also ride trails and occasional MX. More top end is the last thing you need around here. Moto-Fast Banshees used to give the Hondas fits before Mr Smith had to close the business to attend to personal matters. He is a RD RZ & Banshee guru and works with yamaha directly for R&D. You can find him on ebay selling some old dead stock parts under the seller name 'motojunk' if you message him, he will respond and probably has exactly what you need. Just thought you might want a differentiated prospective. Not sure how rough the trails are in your neck of the woods but a 70 hp stroker would be a handful on the trails around here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 10/25/2017 at 9:37 AM, jesseisonbowman said:

If you are mostly on the trail and sometimes MX, you may consider the Moto-Fast single carb manifold, a PWK, and Moto-Fast 2 into 1 pipe. You will have plenty of power on tap throughout the RPM range and they sound amazing. Dyno port makes a 2 into 1 pipe as well and trinity has a single carb manifold but Moto-Fast was the first and the only engine builder to ever win a GNCC on a Banshee. I am in KY and also ride trails and occasional MX. More top end is the last thing you need around here. Moto-Fast Banshees used to give the Hondas fits before Mr Smith had to close the business to attend to personal matters. He is a RD RZ & Banshee guru and works with yamaha directly for R&D. You can find him on ebay selling some old dead stock parts under the seller name 'motojunk' if you message him, he will respond and probably has exactly what you need. Just thought you might want a differentiated prospective. Not sure how rough the trails are in your neck of the woods but a 70 hp stroker would be a handful on the trails around here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No, god no. Moto fast is garbage.

Also, full of lies. Moto-fast isn't the only one to win a GNCC on a banshee. Have you heard of Duncan?

If you want a single carb, use a yamaha manifold. If you want good low end, use PT pipes. If you really want a good trail/mx engine, talk to DDQ about his setup. Suspension will be key and take most of your 2500 budget.

• Like 1