Diff. A-arm Types

CoolRaptor2001

Iam gonna be looking for a cheap but well-built a arm setup for when I start going to the MX track next summer and was wondering what your opinions on?

Also, Hiems vs ball joints, ive heard Hiems are stronger but dont last as long and shouldnt get mud or anything in/on them? I will be riding mostly gravel roads and some light mud when I cant go to the MX track.

Also, what do you think of the Alba Pro-Comp suspension package? Ive never talked to anyone that had the alba arms so I dont know if they are any good or not.

The quicksand parts look pretty nice I thought but is the swingarm chromoly? It just says chrome steel on the site, does that mean milled steal or???

Thanks for any/all replies :)

My arms have the heim joints,you just gota take care of them.If you ride in the mud when you wash it just make sure after you get done washing you spray them down with some kind of lubercant(WD-40,Slick50 one shot something).I liked them cause you dont have to rem your spindles to install them.Just make sure the one you get are the good ones not the cheap ones.Legacy ATV make arms for 400's and R's they use the ones that are on stock cars,and they will fit most arms(heims) :)

Cool,

Yes the swing arms are 4130 chromoly. The web site has a few typo's and I'm trying to get the guy to fix it. We are currently working with new people and building a killer site with more info and even some video's. Sorry for the lack of info on the site right now. If you have any questions please e-mail me at gsmartin@cox.net and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. We do a package deal for a arms and swing arms.

Gary

Cool I have the Alba Procomps on my banshee. I know of two other banshees with them as well. We all agree these arms are top notch and they have held up great. I did buy the package deal from them at a good price since I get a discount there. If you want to go with the Alba stuff call up and ask for Mike Stralo in parts. Tell him Paul from Sabre Springs sent you and he'll hook you up.

yeah i was looking at those on ebay. How does the +3+1 setup do? Dont seem to see to many of them around ive noticed. What do they look like 'bare'? Do you have to paint them or something to keep them from rusting or can ya just leave them bare?

Later B)

P.S.-Anyone know who makes a TORS elimination kit that is under $50 bucks? Dunno how much longer my zip-ties will hold :(

• 2 weeks later...