Exhaust modifaction

My exhaust leaks smoke from the header pipe been thinking of getting it welded where the leaking might be an painting the header pipes a new colour.

Anybody modified the exhaust like that before an has anyone painted there headers for example green, and what kind of paint to paint pipes with do I need uninflammorable paint?

Sent from my SM-A310Y using Tapatalk

My exhaust leaks smoke from the header pipe been thinking of getting it welded where the leaking might be an painting the header pipes a new colour.

Anybody modified the exhaust like that before an has anyone painted there headers for example green, and what kind of paint to paint pipes with do I need uninflammorable paint?

Uninflammorable?

I've always used high temp ceramic paint from any parts store. Always held up ok. Or you can powder coat them if you can find some that will. Most powder coat guys don't want to mess with cleaning them.

The pipes really don't get that hot. Not like a 4 stroke head pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uninflammorable?

I've always used high temp ceramic paint from any parts store. Always held up ok. Or you can powder coat them if you can find some that will. Most powder coat guys don't want to mess with cleaning them.

The pipes really don't get that hot. Not like a 4 stroke head pipe.

That word means won't catch on fire from the heat of the exhaust.

I'm thinking about fixing an painting my pipes a different colour each exhaust.1 red and 1 blue..can you just use ordinary spray paint

That word means won't catch on fire from the heat of the exhaust.

I'm thinking about fixing an painting my pipes a different colour each exhaust.1 red and 1 blue..can you just use ordinary spray paint

Uninflammorable is not a word. But I knew what you meant as you can see I referenced high temp ceramic paint.

I think plasti dip sounds like a grand plan.

You guys and your questions. You ask, we tell. Then you come back with "well, what about this, what if I did that?....bla fucking bla!

Go try your ideas and come back with results then!

Don't ask advice because you don't know and then question the advice given.

FFS

• Like 1

A great alternative to chrome or raw pipes is to use gun blue. Looks really good and protects from corrosion then when you go to burn out the carbon just re blue it. if you run a pretty rich mixture of castor plus leaded fuel I get a TON of carbon build up in the expansion cone/header bad so I frequently clean my pipes. Just a little trick for old school/factory pipe look and easy to maintain for running castor n leaded if you need it. If not then it's still a great unique look and function