Why and the hell is my quad overheating

And he went down on the main that confused me. Guess I will get a set of duals and do a leak down. Probably should not ride now to much risk of doing damage.

That's what he did on Dana's motor too. He went back to get the chart (no A/F) by the time time he got back to camp his boy melted it down.

Anybody else remember this? Might have just been on FB

• Like 1

My quad had a set of ported cylinders on. Dyno'd at 55, I had no more bores left so I bought a serval. I installed and had it tuned on a dyno. I was at a 180 main I checked and now it has a 155. The set up is in the comments.

Wow! 155 is gonna be hella lean. Especially for a 392 serval. What needle is in it? Should be an EEK or at least EE# of some sort.

Sooooooo..... You had the serval cylinders jetted on a dyno?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

He means did you have your serval cylinders and current carbs ran on the dyno. If u had ur stockers dynod and current carbs jetted on the dyno it wont be the same when you switch to serval cylinders just because your running the same carbs that you had dialed in on the dyno with diff cylinders.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow! 155 is gonna be hella lean. Especially for a 392 serval. What needle is in it? Should be an EEK or at least EE# of some sort.

That's what I thought. Even if the other cylinders put out more hp. These are bigger so I figured larger jet for sure. I really don't know about the needle.

Just installed a serval. Old shit never did this. I'm at Little Sahara here in ok. First blew the top hose, sounded like a shotgun. Fixed that went back out noticed steam now the back hose on my cool head was expanded like a Ballon. Do servals run that hot? Why did the over flow not blow coolant?

By the description you just gave, I would guess the following in this order -

1. The water pump is not working (stripped gear or water pump head stripped off shaft)

2. The water pump is working, but radiator is blocked or partially blocked

3. Cooling system is without issue, and you have an air leak, dome issue, or detonation issue causing extreme heat

Your 210 main should be fine on that set up when everything is correct. Pilot should be 52-55 and DEK Needle on 3rd- 4th clip