Why and the hell is my quad overheating

Should have made sure it was good.

Check compression, then leakdown test it. As said, sounds like you might have a pinched o-ring causing some issues.

With the amount of pressure that sucker had built up. I did look over the cylinder and heads for water leaks. Never done a leak down so I can learn.

Single 35 Pwk. 210 main I believe is what he said. Not sure about the pilot. I didn't ask but should have.

It was a 2/1 intake on a Serval? To be honest, if there wasn't a bigger bowl on that carb and larger fuel valve, you'd be hard pressed to feed a good set of cylinders like a Serval. I've set up a dozen or so 2/1 intakes and I just can't see that motor being happy on one 35mm.
  • Like 1

With the amount of pressure that sucker had built up. I did look over the cylinder and heads for water leaks. Never done a leak down so I can learn.

Post pictures of spark plugs. Close up on the strap, straight view of the bottom, and side/angle type view of the strap as well.

A leak down is a way to determine that the motor is indeed sealed up and not sucking in additional air or eating coolant. Use expansion plugs from an auto store on the exhaust, and make two PVC caps to go in the intake boots. One should have a gauge, the other should have a valve stem. Only put 6psi in the motor and it should hold for roughly 6 mins. In all honesty, if a motor has an air leak though, it will lean hang off idle and you'd know there was an issue.

I'd bet you are letting compression blow by in to the coolant system. If you kick it a few times and listen, you may be able to hear it gurgling air pressure in to the coolant system.

Post pictures of spark plugs. Close up on the strap, straight view of the bottom, and side/angle type view of the strap as well.

A leak down is a way to determine that the motor is indeed sealed up and not sucking in additional air or eating coolant. Use expansion plugs from an auto store on the exhaust, and make two PVC caps to go in the intake boots. One should have a gauge, the other should have a valve stem. Only put 6psi in the motor and it should hold for roughly 6 mins. In all honesty, if a motor has an air leak though, it will lean hang off idle and you'd know there was an issue.

I'd bet you are letting compression blow by in to the coolant system. If you kick it a few times and listen, you may be able to hear it gurgling air pressure in to the coolant system.

My quad had a set of ported cylinders on. Dyno'd at 55, I had no more bores left so I bought a serval. I installed and had it tuned on a dyno. I was at a 180 main I checked and now it has a 155. The set up is in the comments.