what's next to do on my build?

jWEBB

ok guys. i have a 04 that was stock.

blow the motor= crank rod bearing and melted a piston.

i have chosen to go big or go home.

i called up cam at redline racing and ordered up a 4m longrod hotrods crank,cool head kit,billet clutch baskit kit/ with new clutchs HD,pancack bearing kit, sent off my jugs to cam for boring .080 over and his best porting job, wesco pistons,timing advance plate kit, new Vforce 2 reeds, T5 pipes, k&n pod kit, and a +4 swing arm. full gasket an seal kit.

i'm hoping this will be a monster.

So what have i missed OR what is next?

i have already payed for 4mill set up and porting to match the 4mill, so 7mil and 10mil are out out the game.

better pipes?? that 2 ttimes that has been said, better pipes like what?? i thought the T5 pipes were good.

BTW i am a mt. rider, i dont go to the dunes.

Call cam ask him these questions.

What pipes will work best for my port/ riding?

Any other things I can do to the engine? Trans work? Case work?

Then it's onto your chassis. Wich is far more important than the engine.

A arms, shocks, axle, and other comfort items to make your bike ride easier to ride and more comfortable

• Like 1

my stock cylinders were already .030 over when i got them before the motor blow and scared them up really bad,

cam said they may need to go 50 or so over to get the scaring out. so i said screw it go 80 over and maybe i will see some power.

yes i know i only really have one more bore on them but next time im thinking big cub cylinders anyway. 

• Like 1

also it was cheaper to have them bored over, then to get new cylinders.

i would have had to pay for porting to match the 4mil other way and new pistons other way too.

i never really heard of any one doing a 4mil with .080 over bore, so why not i thought.

Call Jeff at fast and ask for a complete bottom end OEM kit. Not sure if that's what it's called on their web site. But it's a kit with every OEM clip, retainer, washer, eccentric stud, etc... If the low end is being split, it may as well go back together with brand new stuff. I'd imagine Cam at redline has a similar package of can fill the same order.

Kick starter bushing. Transmission bearings. Shift shaft. Shift shaft bushing.

Maybe have Cam do the trans.

• Like 2