What you think?

There is definitely weight to be saved on the battery these days. FTZ did a lot with those when they came out. They are mostly doing small sprint car type stuff these days, but it might be worth giving them a call.

Agreed there. Think someone mentioned that awhile ago when a couple pics were posted in my build thread.

I don't plan on using this setup, just thinking bout selling it.

If it comes down to it, I'll give them a holla.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your intentions with the bike? Set records, or have fun?

Just a fun adrenaline fix.

Probably won't see any dirt, just some sand and possibly a couple dunes.

OEM route is what I'm wanting to go, as I was told it's a lot less hassle and easy to work with.

I have a setup similar and I think it was $2500 new. Or maybe it was $1500, I don't remember.. But it ain't cheap.

Appreciate the numbers J-Madd.

Are a lot of guys running this kind of set up at the tracks?

Just a fun adrenaline fix.

Probably won't see any dirt, just some sand and possibly a couple dunes.

OEM route is what I'm wanting to go, as I was told it's a lot less hassle and easy to work with.

I'm just going to be the bad news guy. I hope you didn't pay much for that! What you have is a cobbled up mess. A tab is broke off the box, the power supply looks like a fire hazard, the batteries are old and probably out of spec, there just isn't much there that has value IMO. I would keep it, clean it up, leave the wife/kids home one weekend, and play with it. Probably won't see any magical gain, but you will learn a few things in the process.
  • Like 2

I'm just going to be the bad news guy. I hope you didn't pay much for that! What you have is a cobbled up mess. A tab is broke off the box, the power supply looks like a fire hazard, the batteries are old and probably out of spec, there just isn't much there that has value IMO. I would keep it, clean it up, leave the wife/kids home one weekend, and play with it. Probably won't see any magical gain, but you will learn a few things in the process.

No bad news at all. This came as a package deal with the engine.

Way you describe it, it has be pretty old school then? Got some stuff for a good setup, just not a good layout.

Winters almost here and that means nothing but time. I work at a weld shop so I'll see what they have to clean it up.

Got any suggestions for the power source?

Unfortunately the set up is too expensive for 99% of the banshee community. That's the main reason no one fucks with it from a business standpoint. Builders cater to customer wants and most want cheap, do I think there's a need for a aftermarket ignition system in the asphalt community , he'll yeh. Most guys can't comprehend the effects of timing as you progress down the track . If I never played with street bikes in a drag platform I wouldn't know either but we see major gains with the rite tune, I also have seen an 8sec bike run 10s with the wrong tune