'06 Banshee Dream Build

jagged155

IMO I would get your frame work done and assemble yourself. Save money and you know every part is greased like it should be. You'll know that all bolts are tight Ect. Motor size doesn't make your build a different one. A build is a build. I have recently got some fireball stuff lately I was very impressed with their work. Stage 5 elkas are great shocks along with some others like fox Ect. Just make sure it's setup for your weight and what your doing. Even when the shocks are setup for your weight if you choose elka for a example, your gonna have to adjust the collars down to your liking. Your doing a cover build? Your gonna want to stay stock length or -1

IMO I would get your frame work done and assemble yourself. Save money and you know every part is greased like it should be. You'll know that all bolts are tight Ect. Motor size doesn't make your build a different one. A build is a build. I have recently got some fireball stuff lately I was very impressed with their work. Stage 5 elkas are great shocks along with some others like fox Ect. Just make sure it's setup for your weight and what your doing. Even when the shocks are setup for your weight if you choose elka for a example, your gonna have to adjust the collars down to your liking. Your doing a cover build? Your gonna want to stay stock length or -1

What's a cover build? And yea shock set up in is key... I've always put the most time in money in the suspension of any build I've done ... from Jeeps to mountain bikes. Fireball is on my list. I'm still hoping someone has a standard length Roll they would like to sell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's a cover build? And yea shock set up in is key... I've always put the most time in money in the suspension of any build I've done ... from Jeeps to mountain bikes. Fireball is on my list. I'm still hoping someone has a standard length Roll they would like to sell...

Phone auto corrected. I was trying to say yours is a mx build?

Which motor build is Duncan doing for you?

I would encourage stock length roundhouse swing arm or up to a minus 1.5.

Some of that depends if your a-arms will be plus 1 forward or not.

Most likely the national kit with some changes.

A-Arms and +2 wide and +1 forward

• Like 1

So this is where I am with my parts list so far...

Motor is at Duncan Racing for a complete tear down. Most likely doing a modified National Kit running race gas. I know they are going to suggest their pipes which are crazy expensive... not sure what I'm going to do about that.

Suspension:

Roll Designs +2/+1 long travel A-Arms

Elka Stage 5's front/rear

Elka Rear Link

Chassis:

Roll Designs +1 Stem

YZF450 front brakes

Galfer Rotors & Lines

Undecided:

Wheels... Hiper or DWT?

Tires

Swingarm: JL, Fireball, or Lonestar ?

Rear Axle

Fuel Tank: IMS or Clarke?

In search of:

Roll Designs Swing Arm -1 or stock length

Roll IMS Heel Plates

Suggestions welcomed.

I like to do things a little differently

Makes sense.

But also duncan is priced higher, for lower quality work.

I really like duncan and would run there pipes in a second, but I wouldn't let them port my cylinders. There are way better options out there for way better pricing.

Not everything in atv magazines is good.

• Like 1