'06 Banshee Dream Build

jagged155

Makes sense.

But also duncan is priced higher, for lower quality work.

I really like duncan and would run there pipes in a second, but I wouldn't let them port my cylinders. There are way better options out there for way better pricing.

Not everything in atv magazines is good.

Did you have a bad experience with their porting? I wanted to use a race shop that could do everything in house. I am planning on them doing my chassis/suspension work as well. They must be doing something right if they have been around as long as they have.

If I was doing a "magazine" build I would be building a YZF450...

I do appreciate the input tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have a bad experience with their porting? I wanted to use a race shop that could do everything in house. I am planning on them doing my chassis/suspension work as well. They must be doing something right if they have been around as long as they have.

If I was doing a "magazine" build I would be building a YZF450...

I do appreciate the input tho.

I've talked to duncan many times. They openly say they don't deal with these anymore. They use standard domes. No cut. There 30 year old port.

They still run boost bottles. They have no reason to get up to date. They moved along with the times and stuck to what's Racing.

Like I said, there prices don't reflect there work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure we gave out the info from the beginning, he just didn't listen.

I had already sent the motor to Duncan prior to stating the thread. I don't believe they have torn down yet.

So if I'm really making a bad decision, who should I call and get some

Info from?

Duncan puts out very high quality workmanship and products.

They are extremely passionate and detailed craftsman to the atv trade.

That being said, as others have pointed out, they have not pushed forward with updated banshee motor building techniques that other newer, younger builders have.

Loren did some incredible early pioneering and development in the banshee world and developed a small handful of motor builds that he could replicate consistently and sell to the public with a certain degree of reliability.

More horsepower can be found with other builders now days.

Duncan treats their customers extremely well.

I had already sent the motor to Duncan prior to stating the thread. I don't believe they have torn down yet.

So if I'm really making a bad decision, who should I call and get some

Info from?

Redline seems to be the #1 choice but it may take a little extra time.

Redline seems to be the #1 choice but it may take a little extra time.

Redline has built my motors since 2005. I can attest to how much time he puts into motors and updating.

He built my original 18DM in late 2009. In late 2011 he wanted the cylinder back because he found more power with additional porting and domes to the tune of 12HP.

I'm not saying other builders don't update and evolve, I'm just speaking from experience.