Big bore vs sleeved

Gemeiner

So my motors at FAST right now getting started. Couple things i need advice on.

1. They dont recommend a lockup for trails because they said it can keep me from shifting. They said itd be fine with a heavy clutch springs for now. I might wait till i have money to do a lockup if its a good idea.

2. Theyre not sure if i should get the dune port right now since i have stock carbs, and pro circuit pipes. i heard itd be okay with that but if i need to upgrade ill try to squeeze it in. They recommend pods too which i want anyways so ill be looking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Get it ported now while it's apart. You can always bolt on different carbs and pipes later.

As far as the lock up, probably not totally needed yet. Definitely look in to getting the transmission done though.

Im getting the promod done and all the shifter mods but they said for the lockup id need an override tranny. But since its not a drag bike they dont recommend it.

Theyre also recommending the straight cut gears. Not sure what the benefit of those are

Edited by Gemeiner

1. They dont recommend a lockup for trails because they said it can keep me from shifting. They said itd be fine with a heavy clutch springs for now. I might wait till i have money to do a lockup if its a good idea.

2. Theyre not sure if i should get the dune port right now since i have stock carbs, and pro circuit pipes. i heard itd be okay with that but if i need to upgrade ill try to squeeze it in. They recommend pods too which i want anyways so ill be looking.

What set up did you end up going with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ayesully810

What set up did you end up going with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

421 serval dune ported with 22cc domes and coolhead to run 91 at 4000 feet. Vforce 4s

Chariot ultra water pump

Stock carbs right now

Airbox no lid

Pro circuit pipes for now

Promod transmission, ez shift mod, modded star and modded shift arm

Billet basket and FAST clutch with heavy springs.

Probably wont do a lockup until i pay this off. As long as it holds up. Might need carbs.

For trail riding what size carbs do you think id need to not lose throttle response?

Edited by Gemeiner

Shit, i didnt know i had problem shifting with a lockup until FAST said it...

That's bullshit, me and plenty other peeps are using lockup in trail with 80+ hp bike.

You saw my videos, it shift pretty good.

Shit, i didnt know i had problem shifting with a lockup until FAST said it...

That's bullshit, me and plenty other peeps are using lockup in trail with 80+ hp bike.

You saw my videos, it shift pretty good.

Hahaha Ya i dont know what to believe. I trust you guys. Honestly ill have to wait on it. They said itll work with the heavy springs so when i get money ill put one on. Since its so easy to do yourself.

They also said 35 pwks which im pretty sure has less throttle response. So ill look for 33s.

Hahaha Ya i dont know what to believe. I trust you guys. Honestly ill have to wait on it. They said itll work with the heavy springs so when i get money ill put one on. Since its so easy to do yourself.

They also said 35 pwks which im pretty sure has less throttle response. So ill look for 33s.

No problem dude. You will be the juge when you will try.