looking at a banshee

arena314

yeah but the old banshee had a lot of things that needed to be done still like it needed an entire new clutch assembly the drain bolt threads were stripped and the bolt wouldn't come out and one of the brake calipers needed to be replaced bc the bolts in it were stripped so I couldn't replace the pads. it ran great but needed help still

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

yeah but the old banshee had a lot of things that needed to be done still like it needed an entire new clutch assembly the drain bolt threads were stripped and the bolt wouldn't come out and one of the brake calipers needed to be replaced bc the bolts in it were stripped so I couldn't replace the pads. it ran great but needed help still

A new clutch is a fairly easy fix. I did mine with the help of the guys on here and now ill always know how to do that. Drain plug i had the same problem, just tapped new threads and got a new bolt. There is usually solutions to what ever problem you are having if you just diligently search and listen to what people are saying on here. Good luck with your bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4bf62876de07db5de549ed4cc219f065.jpgcdd6c155145576a6e4177ac8d8f98558.jpga95ddfa955d273dbaa961fa90644a4bd.jpg it's a 95 that has full yfz front suspension t5's and an intake and it has a title. only thing is that it doesn't run right. it won't fire on the left side at idle but will at wot. I changed the plugs and cleaned the carbs with no change. they both have spark and compression is around 118 in both cylinders. it has a new top and bottom end with all stock parts. the mains were 280's and pilots were the stock 25's think that's an issue? the tors boxes are still on the carbs but I think there deleted not 100% though I bought a tors eliminator kit and jets and I got a parking break block off since that's still on the quad too. what do you guys think it could be?

As mentioned check pick-up coil gap. Clean timing nubs on flywheel. Clean stator poles and inside of flywheel. Use ONLY a Banshee flywheel puller, no 2-3 jaw pullers!!

Ohm plug caps seperatly. Trim 1/4" from plug wire, install boots with dab of Dielectric grease.

Banshee uses a wasted spark system. Both plugs fire at same time, so you have no way of telling if it's firing for left or right stroke.

Unplug TORS brain , left frame tube buy gas tank.

• Like 1

so your saying trim some wire off the coil wires? Yes, a fresh end could make a world of difference could the tors brain being plugged in cause issues? Usually makes it not run at all, unplug it anyway and how should I get rid of the parking brake sensor? Cut the green/yellow wire coming from the CDI and never have to worry about it again

I just unplugged it and got rid of the cable I'm waiting for the Block off to come in the mail will it be ok to unplug it and leave it or do I need to cut and splice the wires together?

I just unplugged it and got rid of the cable I'm waiting for the Block off to come in the mail will it be ok to unplug it and leave it or do I need to cut and splice the wires together?

Which ever way that it does NOT run like crap

You're killin' me Smalls...

• Like 1