What port are on these heads

Post a pic of your set up/jigs shit like that. No one claimed it wasn't doable. There isn't a future in it money wise. I'm all for diy shit.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

When I get home I'll pm you a picture of my setup with the truing stand and jig plus you need a compress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pics needed lol. Cool you're learning, and doing your own thing.

Stick around, and be humble. When you stumble there's plenty of peeps willing to share....if you're willing to listen.

Edited by bigweav81

No pics needed lol. Cool you're learning, and doing your own thing.

Stick around, and be humble. When you stumble there's plenty of peeps willing to share....if you're willing to listen.

I'm always learning and take everything into consideration but i Just dislike when people try to knock my hustle down when I'm still learning

Measure top of deck to bottom of port in mm and same way to top of port . Only thing I can tell you on building cranks is standard true stands are no good , you have to block the center bearings and true each side center out. pressing them is the easy part . The hardest part is learning to use your tig to manipulate the web true , you can true something perfect then weld it and be out 3-7 thou , I've goot about 40 or so under my belt now and I'm getting quicker n quicker

Measure top of deck to bottom of port in mm and same way to top of port . Only thing I can tell you on building cranks is standard true stands are no good , you have to block the center bearings and true each side center out. pressing them is the easy part . The hardest part is learning to use your tig to manipulate the web true , you can true something perfect then weld it and be out 3-7 thou , I've goot about 40 or so under my belt now and I'm getting quicker n quicker

I have v blocks is that good or no

you planning to open up shop or just do your own stuff ? to me it doesn't make sense to get involved with cranks for personal projects but that's just me. let someone else like crankworks deal with it and you worry about the head, crankcase and cylinder stuff.

You do have a point but i just want the knowledge because I may want to build a drag motor in the long run but I just want to know more and more on how to make them faster and fix them

• Like 1

Buy a few books, and do some reading. Bell's book is a great one. Jennings is good as well....all the same old shit just less, and more of certain info vs others.

Cc speciality is where it's at tool wise, but be prepared to spend a little money. Buy some junkers, and get to cutting.

Buy a few books, and do some reading. Bell's book is a great one. Jennings is good as well....all the same old shit just less, and more of certain info vs others.

Cc speciality is where it's at tool wise, but be prepared to spend a little money. Buy some junkers, and get to cutting.

I have the Jennings books which I'm reading quite delicately to understand everything but I'll purchase the Bell book also to further my readings